1st time hatching shipped eggs

1876 Farm

Songster
7 Years
May 7, 2012
Northern Illinois/ Waukesha WI
Today I will be setting 7 shipped Cream Crested Legbar eggs into my incubator. I received the eggs yesterday in the USPS mail and they will have sat 24+ hours in a paper egg carton in the room that I have the incubator before I start incubating

They were shipped as follows:

Here they are out of the box:

Here's what the air sacks look like:
LY - Loose Yolk, the yolk wanted to stay at the top of the egg.
LA - Loose Air sack, could see the air rolling around at the top of the egg.
Eggs are numbered top to bottom, left to right:

I am not a candler, I usually just set and go, but this time I may candle at least once.

More to come in the future!!

Last edited:
Good luck with the hatch! I can't keep myself from candling
tongue.png
I'm just too curious what's going on in there. I have found though that the blue shells can be just as hard to see into as the dark brown marans eggs at times...

Good luck with the hatch! I can't keep myself from candling :p  I'm just too curious what's going on in there. I have found though that the blue shells can be just as hard to see into as the dark brown marans eggs at times... 

Thanks

Just a tip. Sometimes the eggs with hatch late when they are shipped. Good luck with the hatch.:thumbsup  

This is good to know!! Thanks.

Eggs went into incubator last night. Along with some BCM barnyard eggs.

Last edited:
Another thing is that I have a better hatch rate if I manually turn the eggs. Tried both and had much greater odds when I did it.

Today is day 10 and I have candled the eggs:

Egg 1 - the dark "yolk" seems to be moving around as I move the egg - I probably should throw this one away right?

Egg 2 - Developing right?

Egg 3 - Not developing right? - The dark spot doesn't roll around like in egg 1. Any chance that it will?

Egg 4 (a little blurry) - Developing right?

Egg 5 - Developing right?

Egg 6 - Developing right?

Egg 7 - Not developing. The dark area on top stays put, doesn't roll around like egg 1 - throw away?

Back
Top Bottom