1st time hatching...

tlcorley

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 15, 2009
near Tulsa, Oklahoma
today is day 19, I have followed the instructions that came with the incubator exactly. should i be seeing or hearing anything yet, I am going crazy waiting. Help a girl ease her mind. please.
fl.gif

You may not see or hear anything yet for a few days. Depending on how your temp has been, thay may hatch a little early or a little late. No worries yet
smile.png
It's day 18 for me and i am excited.
big_smile.png
What are you hatching? Best of luck!!!!

RIR's Well at least that is what the lady from the local farmers market told me they were. I don't really mind what kind they are, just as long as they are healthy. We have never had chickens before and it has been a great learning experience for my daughters. we are just waiting and waiting and waiting. Thanks for the encouragement.
idunno.gif

Quote:
RIR's are great birds...excelent layers! I hatched some birds in july and my kids had a blast with it. It's very exciting!!! I am on my 3rd hatch now. I am hatching a bunch of mixed breeds for fun. My fingers are crossed for you!! Keep us posted!!!

I have no advice since I just put my first ever batch into the bator a couple days ago. Hope you get some chicks soon and
welcome-byc.gif

I'm on day 21 its my first time hatching also. I think I've broken all the rules I said I would never do.

RIR's Well at least that is what the lady from the local farmers market told me they were. I don't really mind what kind they are, just as long as they are healthy.

The best hatch I have had (in my limited experience), was my very first one. It was 30 eggs from the local Farmer's Market, and I had a great variety of chicks! I loved that hatch! Some starting chirping on Day 19, and they were all out and fluffy on or before day 21. I gave all those chicks to an older lady who had lost her flock to predators. She adores them.

Good luck to you on your first hatch!
Welcome to BYC.​

Back
Top Bottom