1st time hatching...

I just hatched 22 RIR's 5 days ago in a converted wine chiller. The eggs started peeping on day 19. Most of them pipped on day 20. By the end of the 21st day they had all hatched.

Hi "tlcorley"
frow.gif
Any Pips Yet?

Hi, I am very very new at this first time. I have a bantam that starting laying Oct 1, she has 6 eggs. Will she go sit on them? or should I put them in my incubator??? I don't know what to do... Have I waited to long to do anything or am I just to impatience! please help! Thanks

While she is a true bantam tiny I really don't know sorry, the rooster I know is a black silkie. She is very small I can not believe how many eggs she has produced. The size of a dove. Sorry I know that was no help. I was told what she is but can not remember.

Quote:
It depends on the breed if she will sit on thoes eggs. Some breeds go Broody and some don't. Could you post a pic of her?

P.S we are really supposed to stay on the thread topic so if you like you can start a thread about this and we can go from there.
smile.png
Just let me know when you post it and i can look for it. Thanks!!

It ease your mind a little, I've hatched so many RIR's I don't remember how many but I never hear anything until they pipped. So don't worry if you don't hear anything. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom