1st time incubating questions PLEASE HELP!!!!

gonechickcrazy

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Hello, I am incubating eggs for the 1st time. I put the eggs in on March 1 late evening. I am using a still air incubator with auto turner. If I read right I need to take the turner out 3 days before. So that would mean on the evening of the 18th?? After I take the eggs out do I still need to manually turn them? Do I need to do anything different with the temperature and humidity? I am so afraid I'm doing this wrong. Please let me know if I need to do anything different. All comments will greatly be appreciated.

You could either take them off the turner on the evening of the 18th or on the 19th in the morning. They don't need to be turned after you take them off the turner, so no, don't continue to turn them by hand. Temp should remain the same, but humidity should be increased the last 3 days of incubation. Even more important...... DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR after you take them off the turner and set them back in the bator. Opening the incubator even for a moment will cause a drop in humidity and it is crucial to maintain a higher level at this time.

Good Luck with your hatch!!!

Yes take them out of the turner on the 18th, and lay them on the screen. On the LG bator you will need to take out the last plug in the top, and raise the humidity to about 60 to 65. I put a couple of sponges in the bottom of mine under the wire mesh and use a baby dose syringe to squirt water on the sponge to keep humidity up. Also make sure you put the sponge under one of the holes pre made in the bator. Try to not remove the lid of bator for any reason, or you chicks could die in the shells. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom