2/19 Meyer Shipment, USPS tracking stuck at "Pre-Shipment" status

KABerries

Chirping
Feb 25, 2017
Hi All,

Anyone else waiting on the shipment from this week's Meyer hatch? It's my first time getting babies in the mail and I'm an anxious ball right now.

Per Meyer, the chicks supposedly went to the post office at 3:30pm yesterday, but the USPS tracking is still showing "Pre-Shipment" as a status as of 2/19 at 3:34pm. I have a hard time believing that at least hundreds of chicks have just been sitting at the post office in Polk, Ohio for almost 24 hours...

So, question for you all:
1) is anyone else waiting on Meyer chicks from this week?
2) Those of you with chicks-via-mail experience, is it normal for USPS to have inaccurate tracking?

Thanks!

I’m not waiting this week but when I got mine it took the post office in Polk Ohio about 4 hours to ship out and was 24 hrs from then so may get in about 28 hrs from the time they report sending from Meyers. My chicks did fine despite extra 4 hours of time. Still got to pick up before end of day at post office. I put a package tracker free online at the post office with specific instructions to keep there at my local office and call right away with name and phone number on it. I also called the local post office personally. They did great and so did my chicks now Happy Layers! :)

Thanks, all. I called the post office yesterday to give them a heads up, but checked again today and heard that a truck comes at 4 or 5 am tomorrow. Ugh.

I realize that it's only 36 hours if it comes then, but I'm still nervous. We're only 100 miles from the hatchery, so I'd hoped for sooner. (I do realize that the mail system doesn't eork in such a way that shorter distance always = shorter time. But a girl can hope!)

At this point, I'm almost 100% sure that the tracking is just wrong. Now to just anxiously await!!

You can't always rely on USPS tracking. I've had packages that have been 'stuck' at different parts of the country and then all of a sudden the package shows up at my doorstep. You should probably call to check though seeing how it's live animals.

Hi All,

Anyone else waiting on the shipment from this week's Meyer hatch? It's my first time getting babies in the mail and I'm an anxious ball right now.

Per Meyer, the chicks supposedly went to the post office at 3:30pm yesterday, but the USPS tracking is still showing "Pre-Shipment" as a status as of 2/19 at 3:34pm. I have a hard time believing that at least hundreds of chicks have just been sitting at the post office in Polk, Ohio for almost 24 hours...

So, question for you all:
1) is anyone else waiting on Meyer chicks from this week?
2) Those of you with chicks-via-mail experience, is it normal for USPS to have inaccurate tracking?

Thanks!
Plus their sense of direction is awful. I ordered something from Georgia. I live in Maine ya know just up 95N. They sent it to Memphis. Then to Ohio and on to Massachusetts. And then to Maine. :wee:idunno:confused:

Back
Top Bottom