Freak out with me ... chicks being delivered on Day 4!

lissalischicks

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 31, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Long time chicken mama but first time ordering chicks through the mail and having a freak attack. Just need some nice words to tell me everything will be ok (hopefully) I usually get my chicks locally but this year decided to get some breeds that are not usually found around me.
I ordered 12 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. (Told my husband I got 6 LOL) They were born today (2.20.2024) and when I got the updated email with tracking, the email said USPS Priority with estimated delivery on Saturday!!! (trying not to worry) They are coming from Ohio to Los Angeles, Ca.... so I am assuming it will take 3 days but 4?? I thought they can go without food and water up to 3 days.
So should I call Meyer Hatchery and be like ??? shouldn't I get them by Friday ----> or is this not necessary
Also, I have electrolytes ready but is there anything else I can give them?

Thanks for making it through my freak out and rant ...any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Long time chicken mama but first time ordering chicks through the mail and having a freak attack. Just need some nice words to tell me everything will be ok (hopefully) I usually get my chicks locally but this year decided to get some breeds that are not usually found around me.
I ordered 12 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. (Told my husband I got 6 LOL) They were born today (2.20.2024) and when I got the updated email with tracking, the email said USPS Priority with estimated delivery on Saturday!!! (trying not to worry) They are coming from Ohio to Los Angeles, Ca.... so I am assuming it will take 3 days but 4?? I thought they can go without food and water up to 3 days.
So should I call Meyer Hatchery and be like ??? shouldn't I get them by Friday ----> or is this not necessary
Also, I have electrolytes ready but is there anything else I can give them?

Thanks for making it through my freak out and rant ...any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Aww! Congratulations on the chickies! Send us some pics when they arrive!

GOOD LUCK and just make sure you have that brooder good and warm 90-95 hot spot for them when they get there. I would recommend poultry nutri-drench in their warm water right from the box along with some good chick starter. Those littles are coming a long way so they will need the extra attenthion.
Yes! that is my plan. When I go to pick them up I will have food and warm water with NutriDrench (thanks for the reminder). I will be turning on the warm light really early to make sure the area is warm and ready for them.

Back
Top Bottom