2 chickens: hen or roo? Ages too?

Darn I'm having the worst luck!

Here's a close up of (her) comb.

I'm curious what breed is the one cleaning itself?

Quote: The one up front in the first picture and the bird cleaning itself in the second one look like the same bird. If so, then she is an Easter Egger. They can be a wide range of sizes and any combination of color and pattern. They can be bearded and muffed, or clean faced. There is no set rules for them. There is no "Easter Eggers only look like this." That one of the fun things about them.

Quote: The one up front in the first picture and the bird cleaning itself in the second one look like the same bird. If so, then she is an Easter Egger. They can be a wide range of sizes and any combination of color and pattern. They can be bearded and muffed, or clean faced. There is no set rules for them. There is no "Easter Eggers only look like this." That one of the fun things about them.

So true. I have some odd ball EE's myself. LOVE that you never know what you're gonna get with them as chicks.

These are the 3 colors I ended up with out of my chicks. YUP they can look pretty much any ole way.

The one up front in the first picture and the bird cleaning itself in the second one look like the same bird. If so, then she is an Easter Egger. They can be a wide range of sizes and any combination of color and pattern. They can be bearded and muffed, or clean faced. There is no set rules for them. There is no "Easter Eggers only look like this." That one of the fun things about them.

X 2 - the bird in question is an EE. As explained above, because they are mixed breed birds, there is no "standard" that can be used to pigeon hole what an EE does or does not look like.

[/quote]
The one up front in the first picture and the bird cleaning itself in the second one look like the same bird. If so, then she is an Easter Egger. They can be a wide range of sizes and any combination of color and pattern. They can be bearded and muffed, or clean faced. There is no set rules for them. There is no "Easter Eggers only look like this." That one of the fun things about them. 
[/quote]
I also agree :)

[quote url="[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6986802/[/URL]"]
[quote url="[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6986826/[/URL]"] [/quote] The one up front in the first picture and the bird cleaning itself in the second one look like the same bird. If so, then she is an Easter Egger. They can be a wide range of sizes and any combination of color and pattern. They can be bearded and muffed, or clean faced. There is no set rules for them. There is no "Easter Eggers only look like this." That one of the fun things about them. [/quote] I agree

Back
Top Bottom