2 Chickens Need Home-Austin, TX

Apr 1, 2020
Austin Texas
I have two chickens, a Partridge Cochin and a Cuckoo Maran in need of a home.
Cochin is 4 years old and still laying, but going through a molt right now. Her name is Coco, and she is super sweet and quiet. Coco is the sweetest chicken ever, she loves to be pet and held! I believe she would make a great mother.
Maran is about 9 months old and laying. The Maran's name is Millie, and she lays dark brown eggs. 6-7 eggs a week. Preferred to stay together.
Contact me for more info!
EAA24E0D-CD26-46E4-ABCD-CF1F724BA72E.jpeg image.jpg

I have two chickens, a Partridge Cochin and a Cuckoo Maran in need of a home.
Cochin is 4 years old and still laying, but going through a molt right now. Her name is Coco, and she is super sweet and quiet. Coco is the sweetest chicken ever, she loves to be pet and held! I believe she would make a great mother.
Maran is about 9 months old and laying. The Maran's name is Millie, and she lays dark brown eggs. 6-7 eggs a week. Preferred to stay together.
Contact me for more info!
View attachment 2212082View attachment 2212099
Those sure are pretty birds! Wish I was in Austin TX to pick them up!
Actually, Austin has gotten too weird for me, I'd rather be smack dab in the Hill Country OUTSIDE of Austin! But you know what I mean!
Hey is the Salt Lick (BBQ) still there?

Are these your only hens right now? Wondering how they would adapt to my small flock of six hens (no roos). Also curious to know the circumstances on why you're having to re-home them. You can private message me if you'd like. I'm near Fredericksburg.

Your cochin looks very much like my olive-egger, Bertha. And your Marans looks nearly identical to my Dominique, Henrietta.

I’m also interested to hear about the rehoming reason! I’m in south Austin and have a flock of 4 younger gals (12 weeks old), but could probably convince my husband for two more. 😂

Thanks everyone!
I think I have a friend in Austin that might take them. I will let you know if that doesn’t work out.
1. Yes, the Salt Lick BBQ is still here!! So good!
2. I have to get rid of them because the Maran is too loud for the neighbors. I live in a neighborhood that doesn’t allow chickens. Every morning she squawks to get let out of the coop and the neighbors don’t like it.
3. “Are these your only hens right now?
-texsuze
Yes, I had a flock of four for years but now I’m down to two.
Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom