2 day old chicks with Respiratory Infections??

We'll ask again.
Photos and video are extremely helpful at times, so can you please post a video of what the chicks sound like and how they move?

Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Also post photos of your brooder and the poop. If you have a red heat lamp, a photo with it on and photos with it off, especially the poop photos, the red can make it difficult to tell colors.

What is the temperature of the brooder on the warm and cold sides?

Watch to see that the chicks are drinking. If they don't like the water with all the additions, then omit them, you want them staying hydrated.
I would not mix ACV with the electrolytes/probiotics - choose one and stick with it for a few days.

Have you contacted the hatchery?
I did. They were absolutely not helpful at all. The woman on the phone was very dismissive and acted like it was no big deal. I made sure to inform her that the chick came to me sick from the post office. She just said its important to keep my birds from other infected birds...

I did. They were absolutely not helpful at all. The woman on the phone was very dismissive and acted like it was no big deal. I made sure to inform her that the chick came to me sick from the post office. She just said its important to keep my birds from other infected birds...
What hatchery was this?

Back
Top Bottom