2 duck eggs WHAT DO I DO!!!!

1. Broodiness is entirely driven by hormones. Your duck may never get broody.

2. If she were to get broody, she would need a secure place to set on her eggs where there is no risk of her or her eggs being bothered by a predator.

3. You would also need a secure place for the ducklings. Baby ducks are tasty to many other animals.

4. Do you have enough housing for extra ducks? I'm not sure how much space ducks require, but I'm guessing it's about 6 s.f. in the coop per duck.

5. What would you do with all those ducklings? Especially the drakes? You will need an exit plan for the extras, and it's often difficult to find homes for male ducks.

6. Even if you were to incubate those first eggs, your hatch rate and the health of the ducklings would not be as good as it would be if you were to wait until the eggs were much bigger. Wait till next spring. She may go broody then. Until that time comes, enjoy those duck eggs: fried, omelets, quiche, desserts...

You might have a drake to hen ratio issue at some point, so keep an eye on Waffle and make sure she's not being overbred.
So I decided to let her go broody and hatch the eggs , but there are ants on the eggs omg what do I do I’m panicking ! I don’t want to touch eggs or move them I was allowing her to have her eggs where she pleased I do not have a box or anything special for the eggs I found them under a bush she has been adding to her nest every other day 4 eggs total , please help

BF0C98FF-932E-41B7-80F5-973482BC609A.jpeg
2D2DF818-BB36-4176-BDBA-9FE487AF6220.jpeg

Ants on my waffles eggs HELP ! What do I do !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom