2 Eggs from 1 hen.... Please help me

Who is laying

• Ratatouille laid two eggs in less than a 24 hour time period

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Ratatouille and Ratty Patty are layers now

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My RIR girls lay very, very frequently. Almost daily. They've been that way since they came to POL. With a 2 day span it would be plenty of time for Ratatouille to have a second one cooked up for laying. My bet's on her being the layer again.
So far I have gotten 1 egg a day from Ratatouillefor 3 days straight and 1 from Ratty Patty

This won't guarantee they won't get broody. I'm sure it can help, I just don't want you to think they definitely won't get broody.
I know but I don't want them to get like attached to the egg or for them to eat it or crack it so as soon as I hear the song I wait 15 minutes and then I grab the egg and run from them lol.

I know but I don't want them to get like attached to the egg or for them to eat it or crack it so as soon as I hear the song I wait 15 minutes and then I grab the egg and run from them lol.
Trust me when I say, plenty of folks on here have full-time jobs and eggs get left in the nest box all day! Most of the time there's very little chance an egg-eater will develop because an egg was left in the box. They probably won't go broody because of it, and the egg won't spoil in the heat either. It's okay to gather them immediately if you have the luxury to do so, just don't stress yourself out over it. If you want to save eggs for hatching, gathering them immediately is good just to keep them clean and at a consistent temp.

I know but my mother said that when she had a broody hen there is this horrible smell and see told me to collect the eggs as soon as they are laid
There shouldn't be any smell from a broody unless she's accidentally pooped on the nest or an egg is rotten. Or there's something wrong with the poor hen.

For some more calefaction I went out there at 8:30 and both of them were out of the coop I went and checked the egg box and I saw an egg and then after that Ratty Patty was singing then i saw both of them in the egg box around 9:45 but ratatouille was laying down

Back
Top Bottom