• Both Ratatouille and Ratty Patty are layers now

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mommiesrcool

Free Ranging
Jul 6, 2020
Dn
Hi, so I have two RIR Pullets their names are Ratatouille and Ratty Patty. Ratatouille laid me her first egg 2 days ago on Tuesday and I checked her pelvic bone and she is at 3 fingers and today at 7 am I went out there and I got 1 egg thinking it was from ratatouille because she is the only one who lays and I saw her in there again with Ratty Patty and I got another egg so my question is can I get two eggs from 1 chicken or did both of my pullets start laying? Today both them were making the egg song but Ratty Patty is at 2.5 fingers please help me out !!!

All answers are welcome!!

Edit: Ratatouille Laid me 1 egg every day for 3 days straight Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Ratty Patty Just laid me her first egg today

Last edited:
I know but my mother said that when she had a broody hen there is this horrible smell and see told me to collect the eggs as soon as they are laid
There shouldn't be any smell from a broody unless she's accidentally pooped on the nest or an egg is rotten. Or there's something wrong with the poor hen.

My RIR girls lay very, very frequently. Almost daily. They've been that way since they came to POL. With a 2 day span it would be plenty of time for Ratatouille to have a second one cooked up for laying. My bet's on her being the layer again.
So far I have gotten 1 egg a day from Ratatouillefor 3 days straight and 1 from Ratty Patty

Back
Top Bottom