2 freakin' MONTHS gone to waste!!!

My current nest box consists of a cardboard box on its side, with hay in it, on the floor of the coop. There is no way a chicken would ever sleep in there when there is a lovely roost 2x4 about 3-4' higher in the coop. (The whole coop is on the second floor of the barn so everything is up high, compared to the outdoor run. My chickens do go inside and up a flight of chicken ladders to the coop to lay.)

Don't feel your nest box has to be some formal, well-constructed design. They just need a little cubby place with some hay. I'd detach those nest boxes from the wall and set them on the floor of the coop.

I can't remove the nest boxes or else there will be a gaping hole in the side of the coop. That's just how the design is. Thanks everyone who helped.

And those who didn't..
smack.gif
I have enough crap on my plate with school, work, and extracurriculars. It was a simple vent along with some needed help. I researched the problem before and did what was suggested and got frustrated because it didn't work. So just back off!

I am sorry for your predicament (did I spell that right?) however, would like to know when you get this solved what you did and how you did it? I also understand a busy schedule, I have the same problem.

It's hard to mind-read what kind of help a person wants when they post a problem, and even harder to discern what kind of suggestion will be useful. We all just do the best we can and hope that it helps someone else. To use a phrase I've heard elsewhere "take what you like and leave the rest". Good luck with all your problems, and find joy in what you can do.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom