pipdzipdnreadytogo

Fuzzy Feather Fanatic
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
The babies are 2 months old today (give or take a day)!! Just under two months ago, I was sitting in the car clutching a box full of cute for the car ride home. Well, they may have grown out of that totally adorable stage, but they're blossoming into some beautiful ladies and gentlemen! (It was hot, by the way. Some of them were panting durring their photo shoots.
lol.png
)

I started out with Freema, who was bashful at first:
95415_freema_bashful.jpg

Then she got a little mad (you still have that camera in my face?!) :
95415_freema_panting.jpg

Then finally, she let me get a decent picture of her (with a little comforting) :
95415_2_mo_freema.jpg

Once Freema found out how nice it is to get a picture taken, she spread the word and some of the others volunteered.

Diana wanted a little water feature to pull her portrait together:
95415_2_mo_diana.jpg

(I didn't tell her there wasn't enough water to show up in the picture.)

Natalie took a seat on my lap for her picture:
95415_2_mo_natalie.jpg

Moose was glad to show off his ever-growing comb and beard:
95415_2_mo_moose.jpg

Cressy wanted a closer look at the camera and flew to my arm for her picture:
95415_2_mo_cressida.jpg

Mags didn't really mean to cooperate-- something flew over and she froze for her picture:
95415_2_mo_maggie.jpg

Thomas was shy at first, but decided there must be something to this picture thing:
95415_2_mo_thomas.jpg

The others would NOT sit still at all! I finally got pictures of them when they took breaks!

Betty was worn out from running away from the camera:
95415_2_mo_betty.jpg

I swear, this bird has a small attention span even for a chicken! 'Oh, shiny! What was that? Look, a mole on your arm! Is that a fly? Other chickens!' I finally got a picture by surprising Cricket with a noise:
95415_2_mo_cricket.jpg

Kate didn't want her picture taken without Diana standing by for support (Kate's in the front, Diana at the lower left in the back) :
95415_2_mo_kate.jpg

Debra Jo flat out disapproved of the chicken paparazzi (look at that stink-eye!) :
95415_2_mo_debra_jo.jpg

Mako was distracted by a sibling. That was the only way I could get this picture:
95415_2_mo_mako.jpg

And finally, Wynne was so afraid of the camera that she just froze there, the poor thing:
95415_2_mo_wynne.jpg

(As soon as I moved it away from her, she peeped in panic and ran for it!)

Everyone but Moose is named after a real person, by the way.
big_smile.png
Freema is named after Freema Agyeman, Diana and Wynne both got their names from Diana Wynne Jones, Kate is short for Kathryn as in Kathryn Lasky, Debra Jo got her name from Debra Jo Rupp, Cricket was named after Cricket Leigh, Natalie's name comes from Nathan Lane (a feminine form), Betty was named after Betty White, Mags is short for Maggie as in Maggie Smith, Cressy is short for Cressida as in Cressida Cowell, Mako was named after Mako Iwamatsu, and Thomas has a few references but the only one I remember is Thomas Disch.
smile.png

Aw, I'm glad Betty gets some attention!
lol.png
(Freema's the one that's always conspiring to make me say she's my favorite, though...
hide.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom