2 months have gone by and I still don't know what is wrong.

also, I put De in their food earlier this week as well
smile.png

I am no chicken expert! but if you just finished the worming medicine I would suspect a yeast problem. It could be that her good bacteria were knocked out of whack. I would try the yogurt and eggs mixed to get some protein in her and try to reestablish her bacteria balance.
Sharon

this was going on prior to the worm regimen. its been going on for 2 mos. so perhaps its been yeast for that long, IDK! I shall give her probiotics and see what happens.

I use DE but would never put it in feed. Those diatomic sharp edges can't be a good thing inside an intestine.

If she's just had a wormer then she needs probiotics, anyway. Probably also some kind of oil, maybe bits of bread soaked in olive oil.

Quote:
Sorry, this is not a good idea. Chickens are pretty well lactose intolerant. A teaspoon a day is enough for them. They can manage that much milk product, and the good germs will gradually miltiply.

These days it's not hard to get probiotics in pill, capsule or powder form. It can be the kind for people or any animal, not that much difference.

Back
Top Bottom