2 of my chicks have bloody faces...can't figure what happened.

saritastar

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Spokane, WA
I'm assuming it's from pecking? There are 6 chicks total (about 3.5 mos. old), but they hang out in 3's, only 2 had the blood, both from the same '3'. I was out there with them while they were running around for more than an hour tonight, trying to see who was doing what, but I really couldn't tell. First I thought the one without blood on her face was doing it, then I wondered if the 2 had done it to each other?

What do I do? Separate? But who do I separate?

I'm so bummed.. I guess I didn't know my chicks were having a hard time or whatever.
sad.png
They have plenty of room and food. I did introduce a new chick last week, but they barely even notice her... she's part of the other '3' (silkies).

sad.png

Quote:
Where did you get the silkie from? You can PM me with the info if you would like.

If it is the same person I would like to get the State Ag Dept notified again.....

Last edited:
My mom came over today and looked at their faces. She thinks it's some kind of rash that got itched bloody... she doesn't think it's pecking (she's had chickens before). So off to see what that could be.
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom