Just gave my 2 chicks away worried about the other chickens in the coop.

gcgallardo

Hatching
Mar 18, 2024
Today I gave away two chicks I had been raising for a couple weeks now. I just drove up to this petting zoo/farm who was willing to take them in and take good care of them. It was very sad to let them go. The 2 chicks in the picture are the white and black one behind the circled one. I am worried about the other chicks (especially the circled one) bullying and hurting the other chicks. I saw that he was getting all terratorial or asserting dominance among them as soon as they were put in there. Is that behavior normal?
chickensatfarm.jpeg

Today I gave away two chicks I had been raising for a couple weeks now. I just drove up to this petting zoo/farm who was willing to take them in and take good care of them. It was very sad to let them go. The 2 chicks in the picture are the white and black one behind the circled one. I am worried about the other chicks (especially the circled one) bullying and hurting the other chicks. I saw that he was getting all terratorial or asserting dominance among them as soon as they were put in there. Is that behavior normal?
View attachment 3781056
Hes a roo so he might be asserting dominance

Back
Top Bottom