2 question 1 for broody 1 for 12 week roo

MSH

Chirping
8 Years
May 4, 2011
Cleveland , Georgia
ok so my hen is sitting on eggs and the other hens keep getting up there and bumping her off the nest and stands beside it and hacks up her feather all stand up around her kneck soo cool looking but is this normal or should I move her and the nest to another pen so she doesn't get bumped off the nest ?

question 2 I have a supposedly 12 week old brown red game roo that is chasing his hens they are 11 weeks old and when we tried him out in the pen with our welsummer roo he stood up for himself and wouldn't run from welli I took him strait out and back to his own pen because he's my fave so far but I was wondering when will he crow since he's "chasing the hens " and standing up to roos 100 times his size like I said he's my fave so I'm trying to find out all I can about him when should he crow when will he be fertile anything you can tell me about game chickens would be awesome !

a little bit overworked today please forgive me if I don't make much sense lol
smile.png

If you want your hen to stay broody, I would move her because the other hens will lay(or try to) thier eggs in that nest, and unless you mark the original eggs, you will have a bunch of wasted eggs.
I'm not sure on when roosters start crowing.

Back
Top Bottom