2 Salmon Favorolles... hen or roo?

Rockhollow1009

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2019
20191024_013447.jpg
20191024_013512.jpg
20191024_013614.jpg
Hi all, I have 2 Salmon Faverolle chicks I am trying to decide if they are hens roos or one of each... I labeled them A and B. B didnt wanna cooperate for a side pic very well... A is definitely more "upright " and intil a few days ago had a noticeably larger comb but B seems to be close behind now. A Has less brown and more green tint in black feathers. B has more brown on top and white specs in feathers on side though? They are certainly slower to feather out than my crested cream legbar i got at the same time. Any guesses would be appreciated! Thanks!

View attachment 1942402 View attachment 1942403 View attachment 1942404Hi all, I have 2 Salmon Faverolle chicks I am trying to decide if they are hens roos or one of each... I labeled them A and B. B didnt wanna cooperate for a side pic very well... A is definitely more "upright " and intil a few days ago had a noticeably larger comb but B seems to be close behind now. A Has less brown and more green tint in black feathers. B has more brown on top and white specs in feathers on side though? They are certainly slower to feather out than my crested cream legbar i got at the same time. Any guesses would be appreciated! Thanks!
Hi! You have definitely roos. Hens are light, not black at all.

Back
Top Bottom