2 week chick ate a sticker

Bsquared2

In the Brooder
May 5, 2020
One of my chicks ate a sticker while I had them roaming around my sons room while I cleaned their brooder.. I put some chick grit in the brooder in Hopes that it will help the chick process and pass the sticker 🥴 is there something else I should be doing?

What kind of sticker? If it was small, and paper, it will probably not be a problem. As long as it's not large and of a material that could cause a blockage it will probably be passed. Unfortunately chicks and chickens swallow all sorts of things they shouldn't. I would keep an eye on it, make sure it continues to eat and drink normally, make sure droppings are normal.

What kind of sticker? If it was small, and paper, it will probably not be a problem. As long as it's not large and of a material that could cause a blockage it will probably be passed. Unfortunately chicks and chickens swallow all sorts of things they shouldn't. I would keep an eye on it, make sure it continues to eat and drink normally, make sure droppings are normal.
It was a regular kids sticker, so paperish material. It was about the size of a nickel. I wouldn't bat an eye if it was one of my older chickens but the little babes have only consumed chick feed... (and now a sticker lol ) so their guts aren't prepared just yet. Fingers crossed the grit helps out.

Thank you for your response. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on it, it's my favourite little one of my group.

Update:

The chick is fine. Eating, drinking, pooping and very active. So I guess chicks can digest a nickel sized standard sticker and be just fine. I am also assuming that the chicks digestion runs on a 24 hour course 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom