2 week chick limping

Theresa Spokane

Hatching
Mar 31, 2021
Hi all. I have 6 baby chicks 2 weeks old yesterday. My sweetest most friendly chick has been acting off since yesterday. She lays around - takes a couple steps and that’s it. Very wobbly when she walks. She was panting most of yesterday so I lowered the brooder temp to range from 75-85 degrees. They have electrolytes in their water. I gave her a syringe of sugar water and she drank. She will eat from my hand and with the other chicks now and then but is very lethargic. Only drinks when I make her. Came out of no where.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 4
Do her legs look straight and normal as the other chicks? Does your electrolytes have vitamins that include riboflavin (b2?) Pictures of the legs front the front or a short video of her walking uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here may be helpful.

Do her legs look straight and normal as the other chicks? Does your electrolytes have vitamins that include riboflavin (b2?) Pictures of the legs front the front or a short video of her walking uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here may be helpful.
Yes I’ve checked her legs closely. Video link is below - thank you!!
https://youtube.com/shorts/4u4sfVD9tRI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 4
Those electrolytes do not appear to have any vitamins. Riboflavin or B2 is most important, so I would get some human B complex tablets, and dissolve 1/4 tablet daily in a little water or food. Polyvisol baby vitamins without iron, or the Poultry Cell from a feed store would work well. Hard for me to tell much from the video. It could be an injury or leg deformity/slipped tendon issue.

Those electrolytes do not appear to have any vitamins. Riboflavin or B2 is most important, so I would get some human B complex tablets, and dissolve 1/4 tablet daily in a little water or food. Polyvisol baby vitamins without iron, or the Poultry Cell from a feed store would work well. Hard for me to tell much from the video. It could be an injury or leg deformity/slipped tendon issue.
She doesn’t stretch her legs as often as the rest do either she just takes a few steps and lays back down

Back
Top Bottom