2 week old chick has bald swollen spot under vent/stomach area

Sd24

Hatching
Mar 3, 2022
Hello. This is my first post as I am a first time chicken mom. My chicks are 2 weeks old. This little chick has a bald swollen spot beneath the vent / stomach area. I think it looks like a problem inside the chick, the spot feels hard and looks painful to me. Does anyone know what this could be and how I can help this baby? Thanks!

Attachments

• 53165CC3-F8AC-4CFE-8AC5-C30A2F2A2F8A.jpeg
    53165CC3-F8AC-4CFE-8AC5-C30A2F2A2F8A.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 59
Hello. This is my first post as I am a first time chicken mom. My chicks are 2 weeks old. This little chick has a bald swollen spot beneath the vent / stomach area. I think it looks like a problem inside the chick, the spot feels hard and looks painful to me. Does anyone know what this could be and how I can help this baby? Thanks!
I don't really know, but maybe check to make sure she doesn't have a pasty butt. They can't poop when that happens, but I don't know if that would cause a hard stomach or not. Good luck

Doing ok. Still eating, drinking, pooping and acting fine. It’s 3 weeks old now. The spot looks about the same.
What ever happened with this? I have a two week old chick with hard swollen mass inside it’s abdomen. Active, eats & drinks fine though.

Back
Top Bottom