2 week old chick walks on hocks. Eating and drinking ok. Not as big as other chicks.

So..... The chicks seems stronger but not sure if that's just me hoping, but I noticed there is a bubble like thing on the right side of it's neck. Am I giving it too much vitimans, not enough or is this something totally different? I've posted a video since it's hard to tell with pictures. Any help is appreciated.

It did reduce in size in the morning it seems. It's back now tho. What does that mean? Should I be doing something different?

I tried putting her with the other chicks today but they weren't including her and so I took her back and hope she will get stronger before I put her with them again.

Give the B complex daily.
I've been given the b complex daily but I'm not sure how much is getting into the chick since I sprinkle on the food and it's just whatever she happens to eat. Should I try to get a certain amount into the chick like 1/4 tablet dissolved in water or something? Also should I still continue the nutridrench? If so how much? Thank you very much!

It did reduce in size in the morning it seems. It's back now tho. What does that mean? Should I be doing something different?

I tried putting her with the other chicks today but they weren't including her and so I took her back and hope she will get stronger before I put her with them again.
I've been given the b complex daily but I'm not sure how much is getting into the chick since I sprinkle on the food and it's just whatever she happens to eat. Should I try to get a certain amount into the chick like 1/4 tablet dissolved in water or something? Also should I still continue the nutridrench? If so how much? Thank you very much!
Well, if it reduces by morning, then it's likely her crop. If she eats, then it will fill back up.
The crop is like a pouch that stores food/water waiting to go through the digestive process, so you will feel food in that when she's been eating.

If you feel she's not getting the B-Complex, then dissolve the 1/4 tablet in a very small amount of water and syringe it into her. You could also crush it up and add it something like 1-2 teaspoon scrambled egg and give it as treat - this way you have a better idea if she's getting it if she eats all of the egg.

Well, if it reduces by morning, then it's likely her crop. If she eats, then it will fill back up.
The crop is like a pouch that stores food/water waiting to go through the digestive process, so you will feel food in that when she's been eating.

If you feel she's not getting the B-Complex, then dissolve the 1/4 tablet in a very small amount of water and syringe it into her. You could also crush it up and add it something like 1-2 teaspoon scrambled egg and give it as treat - this way you have a better idea if she's getting it if she eats all of the egg.

Thank you so much. I do feel like she is getting stronger. Although I'm not sure if I'm just hoping with my eyes. She is gaining weight tho. What do you think? Should I continue to give the nutridrench also? Currently, I have her hung so she can hopefully get some exercise with her legs. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 15970763829602362352132796755657.jpg
    15970763829602362352132796755657.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 14
I think she is getting stronger? She is trying to stand and walk, but isn't strong enough to hold up her body. I am mostly keeping her in the sock so she can exercise her legs but taking her out once in awhile so she can "run around". Here is a video. Is she making progress or am I just looking at her with foggy chicken hopeful eyes?

She still looks to be having problems with that left foot and leg. I hope that she continues to improve. Are you giving any vitamin with some E in it as well? That might help with neurological issues.

I'm giving 1/4 pill dissolved in water of B complex daily. I give it throughout the day. I am also giving her a drop of nutridrench at night...I think that has vitamin E in it. I have her in a sling (made from a sock), hobble and wrapped her toes in tape for curled toes. Today I saw the curled toes were better after removing the tape, but I think I still should wrap it for longer. She is eatting and drinking and even tho she is struggling still, I do feel like she can move faster if that makes any sense when I remove her from everything. Hope the next few days gets better. I'm going to try to keep her in the sling, hobble and tape for at least 50% of the time. Please let me know if I should do something different or something else? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you. Here is a picture of how I have her.

Attachments

• 20200811_221620.jpg
    20200811_221620.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200811_221617.jpg
    20200811_221617.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom