2 week old chicks, Bad pasty butt

chickybums

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 25, 2012
Picked up 5 chickens yesterday from a hatchery BPF, in BC.
3 chicks are Ameraucana, and one has a very pasty butt that looks NOTHING like the other 2 Ameraucanas.
1 chick is a 2 week old Silkie and she seems to be fine
and last is a 13 week old Red silkie sex I have NO CLUE lol pic below.

and the Last 3 pics I am wondering the proper easiest way to clean the one's bum as i tried with a moist paper towel even had to dip its bum int eh water didn't get it all but most, today its all caked up again. ( its the lil black chicky) Took pics on my phone but unsure how to post. , hope this works, Also what do you think my red silkie is as This is my first time having chicks, so I will probably be asking a LOT of questions :O)

Very Red Puffy sore scabbed bum on black Ameraucana 2 week old chick, bum looks different then ALL teh other chiks. ANY HELP APPRECIATED GREATLY, I want to save my chicks :O)

Oh dear. Well yes I would say that washing the little guys bum in warm water would be the best idea.
Dont get him all wet, just his butt, and have a warm towel fresh from the dryer ready along with a hair dryer.
Once the poop is able to be removed, dry and wrap! Hehe, thats what I had to do for my little D'uccle who's butt refused to stay clean as a baby.

| did gt most of it off, she/he who knows lol but IT was not happy, the blowdryer was not her favorite thing either. bum looks a little sore and near the bottom of her vent its just tooooo scabbed on so i removed the best i could without ripping off her skin, so I vasalined her right up and so far she is ok,
But they sure do hate me when ever I go and look at them *sigh*
Red however seems to be enjoying the coop outside on his/her own.

any guesses on his/her sex?

| did gt most of it off, she/he who knows lol but IT was not happy, the blowdryer was not her favorite thing either. bum looks a little sore and near the bottom of her vent its just tooooo scabbed on so i removed the best i could without ripping off her skin, so I vasalined her right up and so far she is ok,
But they sure do hate me when ever I go and look at them *sigh*
Red however seems to be enjoying the coop outside on his/her own.

any guesses on his/her sex?
Do you blame them? The wind monster tried to get them!
With lots of treats in hand they will warm up eventually!
As for your Silky, I wana say girl. It looks like my little Twitter when she was that age!

His/her butt is still bad no longer pasty as that was dealt with but the last few days its been white running down and took a close lookand I think the but is closing up, its but is way different from the other 4 chickens.IDK what to do, I think it may die cus its very little still compared to the others

I have a new post as the black chicks bum is SEALING UP????? I have no idea and pics are on that thread

Back
Top Bottom