2 week old duckling left on its own Help please(pics added)

In that case, just throw away my ducky diaper idea, i was so excited about it too
smile.png
anywho, yeah i would get it real healthy and wait till it gets about 8-12 weeks old then let it go( if it was me id keep it lol )

its already getting comfortable with us
smile.png
and eating and playing in water so i think it fitting in nicely

My son Jesse loves the duckling
smile.png
EEK!!!! you can really see how messy my house is too

66891_pc230621.jpg

66891_pc230619.jpg

66891_pc230618.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure it has a heat source to stay warm. A 40-60 watt light bulb is probably all it needs. Keep it about 2 feet above the sleeping area, but allow some other area to be without direct heat from this bulb, so the duckling can find a comfort zone. You should have the temp under the lamp at around 75 degrees. Reduce the heat, if the duckling avoids the warm area. You should not need the heat once it is over 3 weeks old, if it stays in the house. Can't have the temps below 65 before it is 4 weeks old. Ducklings love defrosted peas, and will do anything for it. It's very funny to watch.

yeah you dont need a buddy for it as long as you can be with it alot, if not it could get loney
sad.png
I would know, Pearl my oldest ducky is very attached to me( I'm her mommy, and ima guy, kinda wierd ), if i leave the room she goes nuts and follows me EVERYWHERE , thats why i wait till shes sleeping to leave
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom