2 week old goat with diarrea? -GOT WORST!!!?

edited.. ok I checked on a few goat sites and you can feed them raw goats milk but make sure it it raw and not pasterized. and that you warm it up.

But trust me, it will be cheaper to buy the 25 pound buckets up powdered milk than to go to the store and have to buy multible gallons of raw goats milk.

Sometimes when I have orphan pygmies AND they do not do well on goat formula I use whole milk bought from the grocery store, just regular whole milk. I will only use it as a last resort if nothing else is working.

I fed all 5 of my nigi bottle babies whole milk from the grocery store. The guy
i got them from says its better to use than milk replacer. They all have done wonderfully. They are 3 years old now and never been sick.

well i found a person that milks her goats daily but can only give me 2 qts a week, when my goat comes back should i give that to him? or should I mix it with formula?

Last edited:
Quote:
no,..dont keep switching her food..it will give her more dirrah...just keep her on what she is on now..

Quote:
No problem...
smile.png

Can you find out from your vet if he can give you a tube of "Probios" ? its full of good bateria that goes in the goat and should inprove the goats rumen system.

When our babies got diarrea, You can crush up a few Adult goat poop pellets up and put it in the babies milk. Yea it sounds gross but it put the bacteria back in the baby's system. and worked wonderers for ours.

Back
Top Bottom