2 week old Gosling

I'd lower the temp to about 80, water fowl don't need it as warm as chicks and can actually cause more harm if too warm. Very sorry for your loss,Hope you can find a friend for your gosling.

This is when I first got them, before I went back and got the 2nd Cayuga and 2nd Gosling

When i first got the 2nd gosling. Definitley a size difference!

She was definitely protective of the newer gosling :)
Lovely little things...and don´t forget pics of the new one, too! By the way, if the new gosling is younger, you can keep the temp at 80 for a bit, as long as it snuggles up well to the older one, which I´m sure it will do. A brooder is ideal, as you can have just one spot that´s quite hot, like 80, and the other areas are much cooler. I fix up a simple cardborad box with a desk-lamp over one end. And a good floor covering for them would be a towel or floor cloth...a few towels are great, gives you chance to clean them, dry them, and start again. I always worry about them experimenting with the shavings, as goslings are extremely inquisitive and have a desire to nibble all the time. does it get plenty of grass cuttings to nibble and play with?

Lovely little things...and don´t forget pics of the new one, too! By the way, if the new gosling is younger, you can keep the temp at 80 for a bit, as long as it snuggles up well to the older one, which I´m sure it will do. A brooder is ideal, as you can have just one spot that´s quite hot, like 80, and the other areas are much cooler. I fix up a simple cardborad box with a desk-lamp over one end. And a good floor covering for them would be a towel or floor cloth...a few towels are great, gives you chance to clean them, dry them, and start again. I always worry about them experimenting with the shavings, as goslings are extremely inquisitive and have a desire to nibble all the time. does it get plenty of grass cuttings to nibble and play with?
Mine use to nibble on the shavings, they'd spit them right back out and they don't seem to nibble on them much anymore. I'll let ya'll know if I end up getting a 2nd gosling.
They don't get any grass, only their gamebird feed. They'll be going out into a pen outside in 2-3 weeks, they'll get grass then :p

Back
Top Bottom