2 Week Old RIR's

Year of the Rooster

Sebright Savvy
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
West Central Ohio
Could anyone please post a pic of their two week old RIR's so I can compare them to mine? We ordered it as a pullet from Ideal, but now I am having second thoughts. It is the biggest of our order and the only RIR so I can't compare it to any others. It is getting big FAST compared to the others. It has almost all of its feathers on its wings, starting to get some on its breast, and a nice clump of tail feathers. It still needs to feather out the saddle and neck feathers. Thank you!
big_smile.png

P.S. I will TRY to get pics of it if I can figure out how.

Quote:
If it has "almost all its feathers on its wings", then I would suspect a pullet; not a cockerel. The cockerels are usually very slow to feather out on the wings.
I've sent you a PM on how to post pics.

Quote:
If it has "almost all its feathers on its wings", then I would suspect a pullet; not a cockerel. The cockerels are usually very slow to feather out on the wings.
I've sent you a PM on how to post pics.

Whew.. ok that makes me feel alot better. What was really worrying me the most was the comb. I looks bigger than the other standard breeds I ordered (BR, BA, EE) but maybe that is because it's just bigger? Thanks for the response
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom