2 week old Seabright... protruding vent?

MelBrown13

Chirping
Jul 20, 2020
Between Google and this site, I believe this to be a protruding vent on my 2 week old Silver Seabright.

She's not growing like the others either, but she's eating and drinking just fine (though she perpetually needs her butt cleaned, obviously.)

Any suggestions on what I can do for her?

I'm worried she seems so far behind the development of the others (even after just 2 weeks.)

She just SO tiny still!

Please help!

Attachments

• PXL_20200922_154225478.jpg
    PXL_20200922_154225478.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20200922_154228296.jpg
    PXL_20200922_154228296.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 14
I had a marans chick whose vent looked very similar. Per advice received here, I kept it moist with coconut oil and kept the area clean. After a few days I noticed she wasn't getting poo stuck on her anymore so I just left her alone and it resolved on its own. She was very much the runt but now at 15 weeks you wouldn't know it. Hope that helps and good luck!

Between Google and this site, I believe this to be a protruding vent on my 2 week old Silver Seabright.

She's not growing like the others either, but she's eating and drinking just fine (though she perpetually needs her butt cleaned, obviously.)

Any suggestions on what I can do for her?

I'm worried she seems so far behind the development of the others (even after just 2 weeks.)

She just SO tiny still!

Please help!
I’ve never had a sebright but I think that might be normal size for a sebright since they are bantams? The vent doesn’t look like a full prolapse but is still a little protruding? I’m a little confused I don’t know if it is serious since it’s only protruding a bit.

I’ve never had a sebright but I think that might be normal size for a sebright since they are bantams? The vent doesn’t look like a full prolapse but is still a little protruding? I’m a little confused I don’t know if it is serious since it’s only protruding a bit.
I have only bantams, and I've had probably over 200 chicks at this point. Never had any other look like that, and the other Seabrights I had didn't look like that either.
You're right though...it's protruding some but not to the point of prolapse.

I had a marans chick whose vent looked very similar. Per advice received here, I kept it moist with coconut oil and kept the area clean. After a few days I noticed she wasn't getting poo stuck on her anymore so I just left her alone and it resolved on its own. She was very much the runt but now at 15 weeks you wouldn't know it. Hope that helps and good luck!
That's exactly what I've been doing! Thanks for the confirmation and encouragement to just keep on keeping on! :)

Back
Top Bottom