2 year old hen loosing use of legs but returns ?

Well, she is back in the flock. i have to put her in a dog carrier at night because she can't balance herself on the roost board ( not because she didn't about kill herself trying ) . She has the use of her right side in the hip but from the knee joint to the foot are not recovering. Im calling her hop-a-long. She's not getting beat up by the other girls and is eating and seems to be very strong. I watch her try to dig and scratch and it saddens me. She wants to but that foot just won't allow it. She throws it out in front of her but it won't bear her weight and she can't control it, so she can't dig. She can jump into the nesting boxes and she laid an egg yesterday.

Glad that she is doing well, but sorry that she is not using her lower leg. How does the foot look? Is it curled under? Are you giving her any B complex vitamins?

You know, now that you say that, i have B12 that i can give her. I should give her about 3-5 mis a day. I didn't even think of that.. TY :highfive:

Yes that foot is curled but not because of muscle contraction . Its just kinda of limp. When i put my finger under it , it does not grab me. Its very flexible but seems to have
no muscle control.

I just went out and watched her when the wife threw out scratch and that foot is NOT curled under. Its flat and she just throws it out and then kinda skip hops on it.

Back
Top Bottom