20 week old hens making alot of noise no eggs?

Lockdown199

Chirping
9 Years
May 14, 2014
Bethlehem (Slingerlands) NY
My girls look to be of different ages, I've had them for 20 weeks and some look more mature then others. Also over the last week they
have been making a lot of noise especially the ones that look older. They have not laid yet and I think it could be the shorter days or change in temp.

the one in the back looks to be the oldest but not the noisiest.

They all look like they are close to laying. They are just practicing for the day they really lay. Several of my chickens nested and sang the egg song for a week before they started laying. :)

I think the fake eggs are a good idea. Seems like it could only help. The only problem I have with them is when I go to collect the real eggs I have to stop and figure out which one is the fake.
hu.gif

I think the fake eggs are a good idea. Seems like it could only help. The only problem I have with them is when I go to collect the real eggs I have to stop and figure out which one is the fake. :confused:

Lol... That is funny. I quit using them once my girls started laying they all still do a good job of laying in the boxes. The younger ones learn from the older ones. I also have a very supportive rooster that shows the newbies where to nest and how to sing the egg song when they are close to laying.

I told my neighbor that they were making a lot of noise and that it might mean that they are getting close to laying so she's over 10 times a day checking the run coop and boxes. I think they might have started laying and she's keeping them.

Back
Top Bottom