20-week old pullet sneezing/gaping

Thanks, Jenski - I actually just received an order from Cutler's supply for Oxine as well as VetRX. I put some of the VetRX under her wings, and dripped some on top of her nostrils as the instructions indicated, and will do this for 3 nights. The Oxine, I haven't been able to locate the sprayer I want to use, which is a 2-gallon pump-up sprayer. My intention was to spray down the outdoor run and the coop before putting this pullet back (I assumed she'd be better by now), but I'm going to go ahead & do it tonight, and mist her in her area as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, Kris - boy, we're having a run of it, eh? We can only do what we can do....I'm going to continue wiht the VetRx and I'm going to spray her with Oxine tonight. Hopefully, that'll help.

Gumdrops, no, that hasn't been a symptom with this pullet, but if you do a search on here, you'll find others who have had birds with that issue. If you post about your sick one, make sure to give lots of details - at the top of the emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures section, there's a sticky that will give you information on what to include in posts such as this so that we may be able to help as much as possible.

Sorry to hear you have a sick one - getting help asap is the right decision, and you're in the right place to find info.!

Also -
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
My birds have been having dry sneeze for four months. Good info!!! I've ordered from Cutler's in past ; been very good.

thank you

and wynette, we DO want to hear about your little darling's case!

Last edited by a moderator:
Their shipping was very quick, IMO. The stuff's expensive - comes in a gallon jug, but it's concentrated, so it should last a good, long time. I began the Oxine treatment last night; will spray her and her cage 3 times a day for 10 days. Here's hoping.
fl.gif

Wynette and Co.

In Cutler's catalog, it says that Oxine may be used in the drinking water. Is that what the label says?

Might that not be easier? But would they then have to drink a certain amount of water each day for it to work, like with some soluble meds???

Another thing, in a well ventilated coop, how can Oxine really be kept from just going out the vents (along with some $!). If it was put in the drinking water, this issue would be avoided altogether.

Another thing, it seems it would be more effective to, somehow, take the bird(s) aside privately, if poss., and spray them in a smallish or at least more enclosed space and give 'er a nice 'juicing'. That way, you're guaranteed (more or less) that THIS BIRD is really getting a dose. Maybe even holding the bird........

Just some thoughts. But if the drinking water thing could work, that seems easiest......

Wish I could've gone 'halfsies' with you on that gal. of Oxine! May need to get some for my sneezers........

we're following this
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom