20 Weeks Roos?

crealusa

Hatching
Aug 8, 2015
All of them are 20 weeks. The white rock on the right I'm certain is a pullet but the one on the left and single shot acts like a rooster but hasn't crowed.

From the throne

The red is prob not a rooste either but is much more developed than the sisters and each day I question more and more.

Thanks for any opinions

I hope you guys are right but I have a RIR that looks exactly like yours and same age. He is crowing like crazy. The sister is much smaller.

I hope you guys are right but I have a RIR that looks exactly like yours and same age. He is crowing like crazy. The sister is much smaller.

Check the hackle and saddle feathers. Bet those on your bird are pointy and shiny - not rounded.

Is RIR the red? The feathers on the sisters are very round and pronounced. The feathers on the one I have pictured are or pointed. They are round. She does have two or three longer feathers that are pointed but that's it.

Thanks to all the replies. I'm still learning all this. Why is the feathers on the one white rock curled but not his sister? That was the only thing we noticed with Pauley when we started to think he was a roo. None of the other pullets have that curl.

Is RIR the red? The feathers on the sisters are very round and pronounced. The feathers on the one I have pictured are or pointed. They are round. She does have two or three longer feathers that are pointed but that's it.

Thanks to all the replies. I'm still learning all this. Why is the feathers on the one white rock curled but not his sister? That was the only thing we noticed with Pauley when we started to think he was a roo. None of the other pullets have that curl.

She's just growing her adult plumage :)

Back
Top Bottom