Midnight majesty roo??

Country chicken lady 2024

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2024
This little one is 3 weeks old. I thought he was a pullet but may be wrong, got him from a feed store. He has a white wing on each side. Anyone else think he is a rooster? He’s the one on the left. I forget what the one on the right is supposed to be-they are from Hoovers. Really hope that one isn’t a boy either-that one is 4 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpeg
    IMG_1028.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 27
He is the big one right? It’s really hard to tell at 3 weeks, sexing usually is easier around eight. I’m not thinking he’s a roo but that’s just from my experience. Do you have any others his age? You can compare feet size sometimes. His will be bigger than a females.

He is the big one right? It’s really hard to tell at 3 weeks, sexing usually is easier around eight. I’m not thinking he’s a roo but that’s just from my experience. Do you have any others his age? You can compare feet size sometimes. His will be bigger than a females.
He’s on the left, the one perched. The big right one-I don’t know the breed I forget. The only other chick I have at his age looks the same.

All of these chicks, besides the Americana have combs. I can’t possibly have all roosters besides those two, when they were sold as pullets…

This little one is 3 weeks old. I thought he was a pullet but may be wrong, got him from a feed store. He has a white wing on each side. Anyone else think he is a rooster? He’s the one on the left. I forget what the one on the right is supposed to be-they are from Hoovers. Really hope that one isn’t a boy either-that one is 4 weeks old.
Does he have a white spot in his head? Midnight magesties are sex linked so the males will be barred and the hens not, the white dot on the head is a sign of barring.

Does he have a white spot in his head? Midnight magesties are sex linked so the males will be barred and the hens not, the white dot on the head is a sign of barring.
No. There is no distinct white mark. That’s what is throwing me off!

Hopefully it will show me what breed it is before chick days are over, in case I need to get more to replace all of my chicks.
they all have combs growing. I think one might have a tinge of red at the base, just hope I’m not so unlucky to have gotten all males

No. There is no distinct white mark. That’s what is throwing me off!

Hopefully it will show me what breed it is before chick days are over, in case I need to get more to replace all of my chicks.
they all have combs growing. I think one might have a tinge of red at the base, just hope I’m not so unlucky to have gotten all males
What are all the other breeds for reference?

What are all the other breeds
I don’t quite remember, but I think I might. There’s 8 total. 2 Americana-no comb. Gold laced Wyandot, MMM, starlight green-small comb, buff Orpington-comb, some white Brahma-little comb and then the black one who has a small comb. The MMM and the starlight are 1 week behind the others

They’re a hybrid breed I don’t know much about, but hybrids often grow quicker than others breeds, especially the likes of Brahmas and Orpingtons, they are slow growers. It’s a waiting game, but the lack of white spot is a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom