*2009 Quilt Block of the Month* March

Coordinators: Acre of Blessings and Wildsky

Here is how it will work:
*Each person will make up one quilt block per month, to send to one other person in the group. Each person will receive one quilt block per month.

*Each person can chose color (or two) of blocks they would like to receive. All Blocks will be 12.5 unless otherwise requested and noted.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

*Members under 18 years of age must have a parents permission (emailed or here on the thread) as we need an address.

*Folks can sign up for one month and not the next, for however long we continue. No need to promise to be here sewing for a year. One month at a time!

ADDED:
* Completed blocks must be mailed out by the 25th of each month.
* If you're feeling brave, you can sign up TWICE. So you will make two for two different people, and you will receive two from two different people.

It will work something like this:
February:
A will send to B
B to C
C to D
D to E
E to F
F to G

March
A to C
B to D
C to E
D to F
E to G
F to A

I will update this first post each month, so you will know who you’re sending to and what color and size block they prefer.
All your color and size requirements must be decided by the first Monday of the month – if you need to make changes after that point you will need to contact the person who is sending to you, to make sure they haven’t already purchased the fabric or started on your block.

Feel free to chatter, or swap fabric pieces as needed on this thread. Blocks and fabric pieces can easily be popped into an envelope making postage not too big of an issue. Please contact me or Acre to make any changes in color, size or if you want to drop out or join up.
You can drop out and join at any point along the way.
I will try to make an extra block or two in case we have some failures, anyone else who would like to do the same please do, and let me know. Thank you!!

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get a block in return. (Mail or failure on the part of one person to send one) we will do our best to make sure that doesn’t happen, and will try keep a few blocks on hand to make amends. Please PM Acre or myself if there are any failures.

O.K. for all you that are stitchin wink to get the new list, here it is.
I will add your name again to the list as it grows. It's to tricky to try and add you names 2 & 3 times and not get you sending to yourself, so bear with me and let me know as we grow, that you want your name added again.

ALSO: if you don't want to be part of the swap for March, PM me so I can remove your name. Thanks smile

Acre of Blessings
motherof5boys1girl
Portagegirl
arabookworm
FrChuckW
amyquilt
skand
chicken women
Puff of Fluff
Patchesnposies
AK Button Mama
Seminolewind
Sara
Gumpsgirl
dragracer
Scrambled Egg
Horsejody
ChevygirlBeth
piecemaker
Texasbartrambaby
Marlinchaser
Momofdrew
Puff of Fluff
Patchesnposies
Zookeeper9000
thowe
Lunachick
skand (2)
Chevygirlbeth (2)
Patchesnposies (2)
kycklingar
Marlinchaser (2)
LisaVarney

lisavarney ~ Did you add your name to the list? I think people signed up on the thread before your post. I think my second block should be listed under marlinchasers 2nd block, anyway I tried to sign up fast so it would be that way.
big_smile.png

Yes, but it seemed on the Feb swap that the list was being scrambled and a new list made so that we would still send to the person below us. That would make the old instructions obsolete. My worry is that the instructions were copied and pasted and accidentally not edited. I think some peole will send to the person below them and some to the person two spaces below them. I hope it gets clarified.

All the names from Feb. Have been scrambled so that hopefully you won't be sending to the same person as you did in Feb.

Yes, the rules were copied and pasted, I had to run out so now the edits are properly done.

Thank you all for helping with reminders
smile.png

You can sign me up for three blocks this month, But the list on the first post shows me sending to skand again this month. I sure hope she and Texas liked the Texas Blue Bonnets I trimmed their blocks with.
lau.gif

Patches, that sure is a couple of cuties you have there. We just had another case of someone getting busted for hoarding animals supposedly being a rescue. The guy originally came from Oregon, bought an old school facility to use for his organization called Clean Slate Rescue. They found over 300 dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, a horse, some donkeys and some chickens and goats. They found several dead animals in there, floors and cages with feces and urine in them, several female dogs either had litters or were about to welp, alot of the dogs had mange and some of the cats too. All the animals were underfed and dehydrated. Rescue groups from around the state and country have stepped in to help out. The guy has been charged with over 300 counts of animal cruelty. Worse even yet, he had his 84 year old father living with in all this.

Back
Top Bottom