*2009 Quilt Block of the Month* March

Here's a quilters tip...

When ironing your seams. Do not press the seams open as with other sewing projects. Press both pieses of the seam in the same direction, toward the darker fabric. This makes for a stronger seam once the quilt is together.

Not criticizing anyone, just a helpful hint.
thumbsup.gif

Leepsy, I have the fabric for your block. Now, I just have to pick the pattern.

Skand, if I ever get your name, I found the perfect pattern for you. I think your little girls would love it. Haha! I even made the block! It's going to sit there in the hopes that I get your name one of these months!! And the pattern is a secret!

Quote:
I could be the right person, just dont pay attention to that silly list.

Marlin, I'm looking forward to getting your name - I have a block pattern I made up myself last fall that I will DEFINITELY be using for you!

Y'all.....This really is a lot of fun and has motivated me to sew more, which I have always loved to do but hadn't in quite a few years. Also, it is so nice to have contact with you because I live a few hours away from my sisters and kids so this board fills a space that would otherwise be a little emptier. Thanks for being here.
love.gif

Jody...I can't wait.
wee.gif

Darlene
frow.gif
...You know you are going to have to make me a block like that even if you don't ever get my name, don't you?
fl.gif
.....Good...I thought you would.
love.gif

Beverly

Quote:
I mostly agree with you. I think there are some applications that need the seam pressed open to keep the bulk down though. I know there was a star pattern I did that I could not get right without pressing open the seams.
smile.png

Quote:
My husband gave me a gift certificate to Hancock Fabrics for Christmas. Of course I spent it in one trip. DH has no idea how much fabric costs. Everytime I come home with a bag of fabric I just say, "You're the one that gave me the gift certificate! I have to use it!" It's the gift that keeps on giving.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I mostly agree with you. I think there are some applications that need the seam pressed open to keep the bulk down though. I know there was a star pattern I did that I could not get right without pressing open the seams.
smile.png

Yep. Generally, if more than 4 fabrics meet at one seam, you may have to press open (at least by the seam). If there is a lot of bulk, you may even have to flatten it out into a little spiral where they all meet.

Quote:
My husband gave me a gift certificate to Hancock Fabrics for Christmas. Of course I spent it in one trip. DH has no idea how much fabric costs. Everytime I come home with a bag of fabric I just say, "You're the one that gave me the gift certificate! I have to use it!" It's the gift that keeps on giving.
big_smile.png

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom