**2009 Quilt Block Swap for May**

17Roses, those blocks are gorgeous, you should be very proud of them.

A Quilting tip for Newbies:

If you make your blocks bigger than 12.5 inches, use a good metal straight edge and trim the excess off. Remember to take the overage and divide it in 2. Take 1/2 of the overage off each parallel side. You can pin the block to a thick piece of cardboard and use your rotary cutter and straight edge to trim the excess off. This will also help in trimming off those little points that seem to come from nowhere after you have sewn your parts together.

Use either a seamtress's chalk or erasable quilting pencil to mark your points on each side of the block so you have reference points to align your straight edge.

leepsy wrote:
Great blocks, 17Roses. You picked intricate blocks to do. Good job.

Thanks, I wanted to expand my knowlege and skill.

I would say you certainly did that!!! Those blocks, especially the one with the blue in it are killer!!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Your welcome!!! Glad you like it "in spite of the PINK!!!!" honestly though, the only reason I used the pink is because it went with the other fabric.

Quote:
She sent Scramled PINK
ep.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Acre your my kind a girl !
bow.gif

Everyone is doing such a nice job on these difficult blocks ! IM impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Its 607 AM here in the west girl !

IM not usually an early riser on Saturday so this is early for me !

IM sorry about having to leave ya Scrambled but IM heading out of town so you will have to stalk some other victim (IM mean lovely member) this week end .
hugs.gif

STALK !!!!!!!!!!!
gig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom