2010 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I second that!
thumbsup.gif

I would like to see the Subscribed Topics list at the top of the page instead of the bottom.

And to be able to delete/remove more than one Subscribed topic at a time rather than having to go to each one individually and unsubscribe.

I loved the coop section when we built ours, it was so helpful. But when we got to the run.......... A separate section for runs would be great.

loving this thread, great ideas so far! especially love that BYC wants to hear what we want!
love.gif
you guys rock!

couple ideas:
-flock management software--hoping this one is making the list, seems like it would be widely used and a great addition to BYC.
-folder type organization for uploaded pictures. For instance, I'd like to be able to 'group' my pictures so they are easier to find when I want to pull one up. Each folder could have an option to 'share' or keep private (see next suggestion for reasons on this) you could also do a folder delete from here too.
-ability to view a user's uploaded pictures (with their prior permission, see above). You could link all your folders to your BYC page and others could click on them to view or they could go on your profile page.
-option to view my subscribed topics on other pages besides just recent posts. I would love to see a link (maybe just below the subscribe to this topic link) while viewing other threads..
-this one may be a toughie but I'd like to see a way to divide out breeds in the other poultry BST section. For instance, once in that section you could choose to narrow it down to just ducks or peafowl, etc. Maybe include this in the eggs and chicken section too but give the option to narrow down by what is available for sale breed wise (i.e. - BCM, Amer, etc).

OK, i think that's it. thanks for the opportunity to voice my ideas!
thumbsup.gif
excited to see what changes are in store for BYC!

ETA: just thought of two more things....would like to see an option to go to the next page in a thread, instead of just the numbers. Oh and I would LOVE to see a BYC iphone app! i do use safari on my phone now but sometimes viewing is not optimized and often all i'm looking at is the forum so even a stripped down 'mobile' version of BYC would be great!

Last edited:
the only thing on my wish list is if i'm reading a 9 page thread, and on page 3 i wish to respond to one, after i post i find i am on page 9 looking at the post I just created. is it possible for the computer to send you back to where you were automatically, without having to backtrack (and worse, actually remember where you left off reading)?
I'd rather have to work to see my thread (since I already know what i wrote) than work to find where i left off reading!
thanks, BYC for hearing our ideas!

I would like to be able to hide threads that show up in "show your posts". There are some that I posted in more than a year ago that I really have no interest in reading now and if they are popular threads then they are always up near the top of the page.

The "Show you posts" link would be handier at the top of the page rather than the bottom and I would also like to be able to access it from an open thread rather than having to come out of a thread to then go to my posts.

I think the Post Counts should be done away with. Keep the date that folks joined the forum and the title system but I can't see how the post counts serve any useful purpose.

Thanks for listening!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom