2011 dates for Kankakee Illinois Bird Swap (updated for 2011)

I have never been to the Chana auction. I made that sound confusing. We sell our muscovies at the Kankakee swap and we sell alot of muscovies. We have never brought any back home and hold firm at $8 and $10. But they are a hot item for butcher. We have alot of repeat buyers that look for us at every swap. We have parked in the same area for the last 9 years at every swap so people can find us easily. We never miss a swap.
Christie:)

I would be very interested in going but it would be a long drive for me. Does anyone know if there are pheasants and peacocks there? Thanks for the Help!

Planning on attending the Kankakee swap !! This will be my first time selling. So, I have a few questions....
Wondering what kind of price RIR pullets would bring ? (16 weeks old now)
Also, I have a trio of rouens that I need to sell. 1 year old

Do people sell any types of eggs?
for hatching or eating

Sorry about the questions...just don't want to look like an "old wet hen"
smile.png

Does anyone know if you are allowed to sell fresh eggs at the swap?
My girls just started laying agian and I have a ton of eggs.

Chicken Lover, I have seen a few piglets up there.. the guy at the very first booth to the right of the entrance always has one or two.. and he sells very cheap.. (disclaimer, don't know the man and have never bought from him.. just asked about his pigs several times)
Other than that they are scattered here and there.

I think you have to be NPIP to sell poultry...that's what I was told, and I'm also told that they will be there checking for paperwork. There *might* be someone there to draw blood this time too, but not sure. There was a tester at the class who mentioned it.

I'll be there with some Calls, hopefully, if everything goes according to schedule. Anyone who would like to stop by and say hi, I will be in my minivan with my ducks inside and a sign that says "Call Ducks" on it. Got my NPIP card!

Quote:
I saw you!!! you were on the right side of the inside building! I almost came and talked to you but you were talking to another person. Did anyone see me? I was inside selling ducklings out of a purple pool.

Quote:
I saw you!!! you were on the right side of the inside building! I almost came and talked to you but you were talking to another person. Did anyone see me? I was inside selling ducklings out of a purple pool.

Didn't I talk to you too? Were you the person who had the ducklings under the heat lamp that the sign said were from Holderread's? If so, I saw the ducklings!
big_smile.png
I know I talked to *someone* at that table...

Got to meet a couple of BYCers that looked for me at my van outside! I sold out of the 1 1/2 week old and 2 1/2 week old Call ducklings I brought by 7:30am...I was glad to see people weren't too shy to ask to see them since they were keeping warm in my van. I still have the 6 week old and the 4 week old white couple of ducks left...my brain was still in bed when I left at 4am and I forgot to pack them up into the van! I also have 14 new ducklings that just hatched today and yesterday...have whites, black bibbeds and one or two spotted ones. This will be the last of my mixed color group; I plan on retaining everything I hatch after this until maturity or the end of the season to hopefully fill up my breeding pens.

There were lots of people to talk to! I was glad to see some fellow members of the Greater Chicago Caged Bird Club in attendance as well. I managed to pick up a portable pen at half price, and got a few other small goodies from a few other vendors. I think I may have hooked my friend's daughter into finally making a purchase of a large Moluccan cockatoo, which she has wanted for quite some time.
wink.png
If anyone ever meets up with me at one of these swaps, you will find out I am quite a cheering squad to be with for anything you might want to buy.
wink.png
I am gradually weakening her willpower for this bird and even have her hooked up with a nice big cage for it. So let's hope she finally caves in and buys this bird that she has wanted for a long time!

Back
Top Bottom