2012 Marans Breeder Thread !!!!

Hi Raven, I am in Goodlettsville, Tn (above Nashville). I just scored some Lemon Cuckoo Marans eggs on ebay. I can't wait for them to hatch. The breeder is in Ohio. I should get them tomorrow or the day after. These will be my first chickens. I have had guineas and geese and a duck before so I am not a total stranger to birds. I notice that you raise Seramas too. What are their personalities like? For that matter what are the general personality of Marans? I fell in love with the eggs. (I am an egg nut just ask any of my family. I blow them out and paint them for Christmas ornaments. I have a collection of stone eggs. I ohhh and ahh over the color and shapes of the eggs I get to eat.) And any of the rest of you can answer too. I just had to say hi to Raven because she's in TN.

Hi Raven, I am in Goodlettsville, Tn (above Nashville). I just scored some Lemon Cuckoo Marans eggs on ebay. I can't wait for them to hatch. The breeder is in Ohio. I should get them tomorrow or the day after. These will be my first chickens. I have had guineas and geese and a duck before so I am not a total stranger to birds. I notice that you raise Seramas too. What are their personalities like? For that matter what are the general personality of Marans? I fell in love with the eggs. (I am an egg nut just ask any of my family. I blow them out and paint them for Christmas ornaments. I have a collection of stone eggs. I ohhh and ahh over the color and shapes of the eggs I get to eat.) And any of the rest of you can answer too. I just had to say hi to Raven because she's in TN.

I don't think she has Semeras. Come join us on the middle TN thread.... lots of enablers there.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/440277/the-middle-tennessee-thread/9060_20#post_10836782

How are their personalities? They are so cute to look at. Are they good with people?

My black copper marans are great! Very docile birds. Most I can walk right up to them and pick up. I did have an rooster that got a little ornery so lets just say I no longer have him. But his replacement is just like my hens very gentle and good to the girls too. I would recommend this breed to anyone.
One of my girls. Some of their eggs.

I'd be interested in a trio of wheatens if anyone has any. Might condsder a pr and hatch them up myself, but it'd be nice to have a trio just in case something happens to one of them or one doesn't lay well. May consider others as well, especially if they have to be shipped, so it'd depend on what all else you had. PM me if you have anything?? I'm in central Wisconsin.

Please ad me to the list I have been working with lavender and have some very nice lavender marans .
A few available eggs in the spring for those interested . I show here in NJ mostly .
Do not have a web site though .

Thank you for your nice words they are very beautiful and a show stopper for sure every one ask what they are when they come to my yard .I have two breeding pairs show quality available hatched in May this year . I am asking 200.00 per pair plus the shipping .
I had many wanting them at the show but I wanted really let them mature out before selling any of them . I will have some eggs for sale in the spring after I hatch 30 or so to select threw again for myself .
They are breeding much more true now and the conformation right down the legs now I have them as good as any real good maran in any color .

Back
Top Bottom