2012 - Will The World End

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaiturkey

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Thailand
It's allegedly been predicted for centuries that the world will end on 21 December 2012. Like global warming, it's been a cue recently for some people to make money and I imagine that they haven't even got a full head of steam yet.

Do you believe the predictions? If so, have you stopped paying your taxes, mortgages and credit card bills? Have you cashed in by writing a book about it or starting a new religion? Or do you simply dismiss these predictions as rubbish and carry on as you were? Are you sure that you shouldn't be preparing for the end?

Here's a little bit about the 2012 prediction for those who have not yet heard about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

What do you think?

While solar flares will increase next year and into 2012.

I predict the earth will still be rotating.

God may start preaching His sermons more frequently through natural disasters, but the 2012 phenomena is all hype...just like Y2K.

The great thing is, the birthday boy will be voted out of office in 2012.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I don't see what's new about natural disaster. They have been going on for millions of years.

Who's birthday boy?

Can we be sure that '2012' is all hype? Is there any evidence one way or the other?

Quote:
It's certainly nothing to worry about - unless you happen to be a person that feels a need to prepare to meet one's maker. And you're probably right that it's all hype, like the myth that most co2 emissions are man made and that we can save the world from warming up. But can you be sure that it's hype? What is your evidence for believing that it's not going to happen?

We all believe one thing or another. Life would be impossible if we needed hard, proven facts before doing anything. But it would be interesting to hear some reasoning for those beliefs about 2012.

There was a big solar tsunami- we should see red/ green aurora tonight as the plasma hits the earth. Check NASAs photos/ videos of it. The solar storms are to peak by 2013. Many say it will wipe out communications by creating magnetic pulses- which would include elecrtricity, and most vehicles as they all have computers.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today.html

There
are communities already "off the grid" in every country now- if you research- very interesting! (Most of these communities have chickens to make the community more self-sufficient!)

Will 2012 be the end of us or some people say "an awakening"? Who knows!
tongue.png

We decided we will prepare- just the basics- not overboard! We are getting a hand pump for our well for fresh water (the pump now is electric), we have chickens:jumpy,and getting wind up flashlight/ radios and a rifle.

I saw a cool article- i will try to find it- that we should all keep an emergency bag packed in a designated spot in the house- with candles/ flashlights/ first aid kit/ radio, and wether it's a large event or a bad thunderstorn that knocks out power- you can grab the bag and have it all in one place.

What is everyone else doing?

Last edited:
I really don't worry much about all of that... if it comes .... it comes... we will all go together... Nothing I can do to stop it... live life the happiest and best that you can... and leave the rest behind.
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom