Ended 2013 Easter Hatch-a-long "Create a Chicken Tiara" Contest

I'd like to play, but so would my 9yo daughter. I'm not too comfortable with her having a BYC account yet, though. Can we both enter under my user name?

Either way, YAY! I finally have a use for the microbeads I bought nearly three years ago and was sure I would use! Lol

ETA: Oh, and must they be crowns/tiaras, or will any headgear qualify? ;)

Last edited:
Hen Tiara Entry #3
The pics are downloaded! For the hen tiara I used 3 different girls!!!
  1. Here is the hen entry.
Instructions 1. You will need, Cardstock, Seqeunce, purple fabrick, pink fabric, and a hen to where the tiara! 2. Cut a crown shape using card-stock 3. Rub glue covering the whole crown shape 4. place a small line of purple fabric on the bottom edge of the crown 5. Then right above the purple fabric place a line of pink fabric 6. Then above that make a pattern with star seqeunce gold green green gold green green and ect. 7. Next sprincle small pink seqeunce on the places with no fabric or stars. 8. get card stock ( after the glue is dry) and cut a strip and make a band going around the crown. 9. Place it on a beutiful hen! Once you do all those steps you get this a hen with a tiara!: I have more pics its not letting me post anymore I will add some later.

Is it me! MY HENS CANT STAND THE TIARAS ON THEIR HEADS!! so hard to take pics!! ugggggg they kept this jerking thing and knocking it off! after 45 minutes I gave up! I have some images but I really wanted a nice one with the hen!
hit.gif
and I am out there scolding a chicken for petes! would have been better off video taping the hole ordeal for the Funny Posting contest! OMG!!!

pics are loading!

Rooster Crown Entry # 3
Now for a hat fit for a king/rooster the model will be Eddy the brilliant boy! But first come instructions. 1. You will need glitter glue, cardstock, and gold and silver seqeunce. 2. Cut a crown shape usting cardstock. 3. Glue gold seqeunce on the bottom edge of the crown. 4. Right above the gold place silver seqeunce. 5. Place a gold star in the center of the hat 6. Place to silver stars on either side of the gold star 7. Using gold glitter glue spread it around the rest of the crown 8. Place it on a rooster. Once you follow those steps you get: I have 1 or 2 more pics my internet is being slow I will post them later

I'd like to play, but so would my 9yo daughter. I'm not too comfortable with her having a BYC account yet, though. Can we both enter under my user name? Either way, YAY! I finally have a use for the microbeads I bought nearly three years ago and was sure I would use! Lol ETA: Oh, and must they be crowns/tiaras, or will any headgear qualify? ;)
Yes for your daughter - the more entries the better. Just submit them separately and make sure her entries are clearly marked as not yours. Perhaps she could be in a photo of her designing her creation(s)? Just so we can all tell SHE is the designer... As absolutely adorable as a tiny fedora, beret, cowboy hat, baseball cap, or whatever you're thinking may be to make and display, this is for the royal treatment. :) There is a caveat, though: nobody has yet entered a feathered headdress, like showgirl stage dancers (think Rockettes) which *I* would certainly consider a Tiara. Or a Native American headdress (think Indian Chief) for a Chief Rooster, which could be an aboriginal Crown.

Last edited:
Yes for your daughter - the more entries the better. Just submit them separately and make sure her entries are clearly marked as not yours. Perhaps she could be in a photo of her designing her creation(s)? Just so we can all tell SHE is the designer... As absolutely adorable as a tiny fedora, beret, cowboy hat, baseball cap, or whatever you're thinking may be to make and display, this is for the royal treatment. :) There is a caveat, though: nobody has yet entered a feathered headdress, like showgirl stage dancers (think Rockettes) which *I* would certainly consider a Tiara. Or a Native American headdress (think Indian Chief) for a Chief Rooster, which could be an aboriginal Crown.
Yay! Great, thanks! She is actually almost finished with one, tho I suspect she may eventually give up on the school glue in favor of the glue gun which I have yet to pull out. Oh, and you have sparked an idea with your aboriginal comment. ;) Sooo glad I have a week to work! (And for the rain to move out - not so interested in catching, crowning and snuggling a wet chicken. Pee-yoo! :lol

Princess Diana Sporting her Fashionable Tiara
Including Tiara Instructions & Harmony Ann!

Wire, Beads, pliers/cutters, chicken

cut 3 pcs wire about 12"

Braid Wire

Cut another pc wire 6" add beads

Add to center of tiara base twist to attach

cut 6" pc fine wire and wire up a bead to hang in the middle

like this...

add it to the center so it floats/moves

DONT ask DH for his wire!

cut 2 more pc of wire

add beads as below...

add these through the tiara base,
twist/attach & clip excess

clean up edges of base of tiara

and Wa La! TIARA

Don't forget to try it out!

Princess Diana sporting her Fashionable Tiara!

Thank you!
Here is the Link to the post in the
2013 Easter Hatch-A-Long

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/741090/the-4th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/6040#post_10760964

THANK YOU for this contest!

Back
Top Bottom