2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

The little embryos are still growing. I turn them and spray them down every day while I do my "baby talk"...
lol.png

I don't have geese yet but impatiently waiting for my breeder pair from celtic oaks this spring. I do hatch call ducks though and I babytalk too and ccheer them on when they are hatching. It is soooooooooooooooo exciting to watch them develop and see them hatch. I can't wait until I hatch out some sebbies.

The little embryos are still growing. I turn them and spray them down every day while I do my "baby talk"...
lol.png
Exciting!! I set my two Sebbie eggs yesterday at 7:00 pm. I'll start hand turning them today...I hope I don't mess anything up! Gah!
I don't have geese yet but impatiently waiting for my breeder pair from celtic oaks this spring. I do hatch call ducks though and I babytalk too and ccheer them on when they are hatching. It is soooooooooooooooo exciting to watch them develop and see them hatch. I can't wait until I hatch out some sebbies.
I have Calls too, I wish they'd start laying for me soon! You'll love your babies from Celtic..I got four from her last month..they are so sweet and adorable!

~ Aspen

Here we go is right! I can't wait to see everybody's baby pics again!
wee.gif

I figured out the egg I got the other day was from my blue girl when I caught her in the act. . Haven't seen her being bred but once, so they are in their new pen (were she was already laying) as of today.

Does anyone know when Sebbies start laying in NE Florida? I have a pair but starting to wonder if they are both male LOL! They are equally aggressive at mating ritual and no eggs yet but maybe it is still too early? This would be their first mating/laying season- they were born last year.

Does anyone know when Sebbies start laying in NE Florida? I have a pair but starting to wonder if they are both male LOL! They are equally aggressive at mating ritual and no eggs yet but maybe it is still too early? This would be their first mating/laying season- they were born last year.
our older whites started laying Nov and Dec. Our 2012 whites started laying late January. Our females dont mount the ganders at all, but are known to grab a gander and pull him towards the pool they are in. You can pluck 2-3 chest feathers and send them off the Avian Biotech (FL Lab) for DNA gender testing.

Got my first egg last Saturday morning. Haven't got the second yet. It was laid out in the open, just a dummy egg I suppose. Here we go !!!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
wee.gif
Congrats!! Exciting!
Here we go is right! I can't wait to see everybody's baby pics again!
wee.gif

I figured out the egg I got the other day was from my blue girl when I caught her in the act. . Haven't seen her being bred but once, so they are in their new pen (were she was already laying) as of today.
That is great news!

I am sad to report that yesterday night the predator got Princess, my beautiful white Sebbie goose, who was my baby. If I was allowed to have diaper pets...she would have been inside. I also lost Cotton, my handsome smooth Lavender Saddleback gander from Shellie.

Needless to say that I'm devastated! I have never been so upset in my life. Princess was just about to begin laying, I had been eagerly awaiting eggs from my precious girl since I got her last summer, but it wasn't to be.

I cannot even think about her or my sweet Cotton without crying and wanting to puke.

Every time I would go in the backyard, where Princess and Cotton's pen was, she would come running up to the fence and just talk to me and beg to be stroked on the neck. I shall never hear her call to me again. Okay, stopping now...I'm going to soak my keyboard with tears.

~ Aspen
hit.gif

Shellie, I enjoyed talking to you on the phone the other day. You do not know how much it meant to me. After I talked with you, I calmed down more than I had all day. I'm sorry I broke down on the phone. Momma misses her sweet babies~

You're the best
hugs.gif

~ Aspen

Shellie, I enjoyed talking to you on the phone the other day. You do not know how much it meant to me. After I talked with you, I calmed down more than I had all day. I'm sorry I broke down on the phone. Momma misses her sweet babies~

You're the best
hugs.gif

~ Aspen
Aspen,

It was good to chat with you too. I do wish it was for better reasons though. Glad the talk helped you calm down, and lets hope that predator is quickly caught and taken care of. All of the efforts you mentioned sound great, you have been busy for sure. Congrats on today's new big egg too! Looking forward tour hatches this year.

Back
Top Bottom