2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Aspen,

It was good to chat with you too. I do wish it was for better reasons though. Glad the talk helped you calm down, and lets hope that predator is quickly caught and taken care of. All of the efforts you mentioned sound great, you have been busy for sure. Congrats on today's new big egg too! Looking forward tour hatches this year.

Shellie,

As do I. We found what looked to be coon tracks outside the pen, as well as bobcat tracks. What ever it is, we'll catch it. Once this predator is caught, we are considering having the trap set 24/7, as well as foot traps.

Penny had to be put in her own pen. Caspian will not stop chasing her. She is getting thin, poor baby.

~ Aspen

Oh, Aspen- sooo sorry about the geese. That is just heartbreaking. I hope you catch whatever monster is doing this soon.
hugs.gif

Oh, Aspen- sooo sorry about the geese. That is just heartbreaking. I hope you catch whatever monster is doing this soon.
hugs.gif
Amy - thanks sweetie. We bought an x large trap at TSC this morning, the trap we had may have been too small. We've shot 30lb coons before, taking down wild turkeys. What a nightmare! Gah!
Amy it has been awful for her, this is three losses in a week to the predator.
We haven't had predator issues since I can't think when, we let our guard down. I'm still so upset.

Thank you all for the kind words, it means a lot to me.

~ Aspen

Miss Fluffy Puffy I too am sooooo sorry to hear of your losses of the geese. I have been throughthis as well from foxes and racoons. Through the year got 48 of my ducks. Several they pulled either through the fence or grabbed them and ate them through the pens. My geese were penned when they got the one! They got the ducks throughout the day. The foxes treated out place like a drive through reastraunt only a run through.
So honey I do know how you fell....
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Miss Fluffy Puffy I too am sooooo sorry to hear of your losses of the geese. I have been throughthis as well from foxes and racoons. Through the year got 48 of my ducks. Several they pulled either through the fence or grabbed them and ate them through the pens. My geese were penned when they got the one! They got the ducks throughout the day. The foxes treated out place like a drive through reastraunt only a run through.
So honey I do know how you fell....
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Thanks sweet heart
hugs.gif
Oh my word, 48 ducks! That is insane, Darn foxes! We are in the process of redoing our goose pens, for the third time.

Temporarily we have two small goose houses inside my 48ft insulated building...at night we open up their daytime runs and herd them into the building and straight into their night time pen. It beats the heck out of carrying them and getting nibbled on by the ganders! LOL

I'll try and snap some pictures tomorrow...right now I cannot look through the pictures I recently took, as I took a gob of gorgeous pictures of Cotton, and Princess...the night they got slaughtered. It simply breaks my heart to even think about them. My poor sweet babies!
hit.gif

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom