2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump in BBP!

Renee, nobody else wanted anything, claim away!
I quit with the swap i send seeds two times to a lady and she never got them so I sent hers back as a return to sender Lets see what happens now . I give up either the **** postal service does not allow shipping of seeds or the mail lady ate them , or ?

Allright:

Mine- Daylillies

Offer: Sorry for any doubles, I am in the middle of editing my swap page.

1. Black Eyed Susan Starts (6)

This is a picture of some of my birds in front of them, they're the yellow flowers with the black centers.

2. Organic Heirloom Tomato Starts (mixed, but a lot of purple tomatoes this year) (3)
Here are some pictures of the varieties I have:

3. Jerusalem Artichoke Starts (6)

They grow an edible tuber that is way yummy

4. Painters Pallette Starts (3)

5. Mixed Pole beans (30 seeds)
I have yard long red asparagus, flat yellow beans, rattlesnake, purple filet, and a green italian flat bean.
6. Oregano start (1 clump)

7. Chocolate mint, Spearmint, Apple mint, lemon mint

spearmint

apple mint

lemon mint

chocolate mint

8. Variegated Hosta (1 clump)

11. variegated vinca groundcover

13. 1 clump of fuscia bee balm

14. 1 clump of thyme

2. Cissus Quadrangularis/Veldt Grape This plant is a vining succulent in the grape family which looks really cool in a hanging basket (it needs to come in for the winter, or you could keep it as a houseplant all year round, it won't care) and I am led to believe has some sort of medicinal properties and is made into some sort of Chutney in Indian cooking. This plant is also easy to root. You will receive two starts

3. This is variegated water clover, it grows along a runner on the bottom of your pond or other water feature and sends these leaves up to the surface where they do a good job of providing cover for your fish and keeping down the algae. You will receive one nice clump

4. I also have some limelight artemisia. This is an outdoor perennial (pictured here in a planter) and its hardy in zones 3-9 It is really good for erosion control, takes very little upkeep and looks great. I like to use it on the side of a bank where I don't feel like putting vetch and its too sunny for vinca. Its a nice change from other groundcovers because its upright and its got this beautiful variegated foliage. It needs very little water once established and it takes full sun to full shade and it doesn't lose variegation in the shade. It grows up to 2' tall. You will receive about 6 plants.

5. I also have some yellow flag irises which are around my pond, but they'll grow just about anywhere. I will send about 3 large rhizomes or 5 smaller ones.

6. This is Callisia repens or Bolivian Jew. Its in the wandering jew family, but it has very small leaves. I love it as a "groundcover" for my potted plants. It only grows very shallow roots, so they don't interfere with the roots of the larger plant and it helps keep moisture in the rootball of the potted plant, plus it adds interest to the surface of the soil. I will send one clump with about 7-10 stems. Put it right into the soil and keep it moist, or root it in some water, It is super easy to root.

9. Cattails- These are the same cattails you see all over, full sun, pond or raingarden, they need to be started in at least 3" of water, but don't mind ending up in mud (such as would happen in a rain-garden or drainage ditch) once they take root. These are great at filtering your water or helping to dry up low-lying areas. You will receive three rhizomes.

10. Liriope- This is a perennial in zones 7-10. It is an ornamental grass that gets a purple flower all summer. It is very useful in borders. This requires full sun to part shade. You will receive one clump.

12, Hostas- love the shade, part sun is also okay and I think they are hardy in zones 3-8b. They are good in all types of soil. You will receive one nice clump.

13. I have Bronze Fennel Starts, These are hardy in zones 4a-9b and prefer full sun. They are beautiful and smell really nice when you brush past them. They are a tall, impact plant for your herb garden, which is nice since most herbs are shorter. This is the kind of fennel which you grow for the seeds (i.e. sausage making). You will receive two starts.

15. These are Oxalis Purpurea, they grow from a small, spring/summer/fall planted bulb and can be grown as a house plant or in the garden. They like part shade but can tolerate sun or deep shade. They grow from zone 8-11, but can be brought in and stored in some soil during the winter in cooler zones. You will receive ten bulbs.

16. I have some Perilla or Shiso starts to offer, these are in the basil/mint family and they have a really interesting, basil/oregano/sesame flavor. I like to make them into kimchi or into a salty/sweet pickle and they can really add some nice color when chiffonaded in a salad. They also look gorgeous in your flower or herb garden. These are easy to grow from seeds which you can collect in the fall. These like full sun or part shade and will grow as an annual herb in any zone.

I HAVE SOME HEIRLOOM SEEDS:
I will send any grouping of these seeds that you like, no limits (within reason). Pick as many seeds as you like along with another item. All seeds were Organically grown and hand collected. You get 50+ seeds per order.

1. Heirloom Tomato Mix: this is a mix of tomatoes that I have grown organically and hand collected this past fall, they are generally disease resistant and split resistant. I try to mix indeterminate and determinate varieties.

2. Dill- this is a variety called mammoth dill, grown organically and hand collected by myself.

3. Bronze fennel- This is a beautiful perennial. It has a bronze color to the foliage and Black swallowtail butterflies love this stuff for laying their eggs. This is the plant that you grow when you want fennel seeds for seasoning.

4. Green bulbing fennel (Florence Fennel)- This is the stuff that you grow to use as a vegetable. The bottom grows into a bulbous structure that is used in a lot of Mediterranean cooking.

5. Black Eyed Susan/ Rudbeckia seeds- very easy to start from seed.

6. Purple Perilla- this is an asian herb which is like a mix of mint, basil and oregano with a little sesame undertone. It is very good when pickled Korean style. As an added bonus, these are a beautiful bright purple/burgundy color that looks great tucked into a flower garden or adds color to your herb garden.

7. Double Black Datura- Devils Trumpet, this is a gorgeous flower with dark purple double, trumpet shaped flowers and black stems, really pretty

2. Cissus Quadrangularis/Veldt Grape This plant is a vining succulent in the grape family which looks really cool in a hanging basket (it needs to come in for the winter, or you could keep it as a houseplant all year round, it won't care) and I am led to believe has some sort of medicinal properties and is made into some sort of Chutney in Indian cooking. This plant is also easy to root. You will receive two starts

3. This is variegated water clover, it grows along a runner on the bottom of your pond or other water feature and sends these leaves up to the surface where they do a good job of providing cover for your fish and keeping down the algae. You will receive one nice clump

4. I also have some limelight artemisia. This is an outdoor perennial (pictured here in a planter) and its hardy in zones 3-9. It is really good for erosion control, takes very little upkeep and looks great. I like to use it on the side of a bank where I don't feel like putting vetch and its too sunny for vinca. Its a nice change from other groundcovers because its upright and its got this beautiful variegated foliage. It needs very little water once established and it takes full sun to full shade and it doesn't lose variegation in the shade. It grows up to 2' tall. You will receive about 6 plants.

5. I also have some yellow flag irises which are around my pond, but they'll grow just about anywhere. I will send about 3 large rhizomes or 5 smaller ones.

6. This is Callisia repens or Bolivian Jew. Its in the wandering jew family, but it has very small leaves. I love it as a "groundcover" for my potted plants. It only grows very shallow roots, so they don't interfere with the roots of the larger plant and it helps keep moisture in the rootball of the potted plant, plus it adds interest to the surface of the soil. I will send one clump with about 7-10 stems. Put it right into the soil and keep it moist, or root it in some water, It is super easy to root.

7. Spearmint- this is the kind used for mint julep or mojito. It can take some shade, likes damp soil, can even grow as a pond marginal. This does not spread as aggressively as chocolate mint.

8. Painters Pallette: This is a self seeding perennial. It is grown for folaige which is tri-color and it likes part to full shade. You will receive three plants.

9. Cattails- These are the same cattails you see all over, full sun, pond or raingarden, they need to be started in at least 3" of water, but don't mind ending up in mud (such as would happen in a rain-garden or drainage ditch) once they take root. These are great at filtering your water or helping to dry up low-lying areas. You will receive three rhizomes.

10. Liriope- This is a perennial in zones 7-10. It is an ornamental grass that gets a purple flower all summer. It is very useful in borders. This requires full sun to part shade. You will receive one plant.

12, Hostas- love the shade, part sun is also okay and I think they are hardy in zones 3-8b. They are good in all types of soil. You will receive one nice clump.

13. I have Bronze Fennel Starts, These are hardy in zones 4a-9b and prefer full sun. They are beautiful and smell really nice when you brush past them. They are a tall, impact plant for your herb garden, which is nice since most herbs are shorter. This is the kind of fennel which you grow for the seeds (i.e. sausage making). You will receive two starts.

14. Jerusalem Artichokes- These are in the same family as sunflowers, they prefer all day sun. They can reach heights of about 10', but average about 6' in full sun. You will receive 6 plants with tubers attached

15. These are Oxalis Purpurea, they grow from a bulb and can be grown as a house plant or in the garden. They like part shade but can tolerate sun or deep shade. They grow from zone 8-11, but can be brought in and stored in some soil in cooler zones. You will receive ten bulbs.

16. I have some Perilla or Shiso starts to offer, these are in the basil/mint family and they have a really interesting, basil/oregano/sesame flavor. I like to make them into kimchi or into a salty/sweet pickle and they can really add some nice color when chiffonaded in a salad. They also look gorgeous in your flower or herb garden. These are easy to grow from seeds which you can collect in the fall. These like full sun or part shade and will grow as an annual herb in any zone.

I also have the green version of this herb, the purple is Japanese, and its used mainly to wrap sushi, the green is Korean and its used in lettuce wraps and made into pickles.

I HAVE SOME HEIRLOOM SEEDS:
I will send any grouping of these seeds that you like, no limits (within reason). Pick as many seeds as you like along with another item. All seeds were Organically grown and hand collected. You get 50+ seeds per order.

1. Heirloom Tomato Mix: this is a mix of tomatoes that I have grown organically and hand collected this past fall, they are generally disease resistant and split resistant. I try to mix indeterminate and determinate varieties.

2. Dill- this is a variety called mammoth dill, grown organically and hand collected by myself.

3. Bronze fennel- This is a beautiful perennial. It has a bronze color to the foliage and Black swallowtail butterflies love this stuff for laying their eggs. This is the plant that you grow when you want fennel seeds for seasoning.

4. Green bulbing fennel (Florence Fennel)- This is the stuff that you grow to use as a vegetable. The bottom grows into a bulbous structure that is used in a lot of Mediterranean cooking.

5. Black Eyed Susan/ Rudbeckia seeds- very easy to start from seed.

6. Purple Perilla- this is an asian herb which is like a mix of mint, basil and oregano with a little sesame undertone. It is very good when pickled Korean style. As an added bonus, these are a beautiful bright purple/burgundy color that looks great tucked into a flower garden or adds color to your herb garden.

7. Double Black Datura- Devils Trumpet, this is a gorgeous flower with dark purple double, trumpet shaped flowers and black stems, really pretty.

Current Offer

Tammy, don't leave us. Stuff happens, weird stuff, especially with USPS. Try again, partyfowl is an easygoing sort, she won't mind if you claim another swap and we try this again. How are you packaging your seeds?

I just can't stand to see a person discouraged like that. Where there's a will, there's a way.

If you claim something of mine, I will claim something of yours and we will figure out how to circumvent your seed-eating mail lady.

Last edited:
On the subject of Paypal, I would like to make this swap accessible to people who are new gardeners, so how about reiterating that we accept:
1. hand-made items (including baked goods and crafts)
2. garden related items (this could include vermiculture kits, gloves, fertilizer, buckets, chicken related items etc.)
3. anything else you can think of that would be equal to about $5-$7 in value

Just trying to keep this swap easygoing, friendly and fairly inexpensive.

Which reminds me, I can add a dozen button quail eggs to my offer. I need someone to test fertility for me. My male is a regular color, I have one regular colored hen, one lavender/pink hen and one white pearl hen. I get three eggs a day.

Which reminds me, I can add a dozen button quail eggs to my offer. I need someone to test fertility for me. My male is a regular color, I have one regular colored hen, one lavender/pink hen and one white pearl hen. I get three eggs a day.
button quail? the teensy ones? How long do you incubate them?

Actually, mine were 18 days at 100 degrees and 45% humidity, but I've heard that they're really flexible as far as temp and humidity go. I put them in the turner in a cut out egg crate well. I put three eggs in each well, in the turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom