2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Very cute babies!
wee.gif

(Umm....didn't someone say something about a...Thangette???)

Power outage last week affected this hatch somewhat I think,two Thangettes went into hatcher, one pipped but never did anything more,actually died in less than 8 hrs after pip. Other one was dark but I had suspicions about even thinking it would hatch. One give away is if the darkness immediatedly starting under the air sack is not black,it's no good. If you can see even a lighter shade of lite with a flashlite thru the embryo part at day 24, it's no good,and this was what happened with the second Thangette egg. It had stopped maybe 3 days before going into the hatcher

Last edited:
Remember, Birdrain said he could sex peachicks at 24hrs,these are older so it should be a cake walk. Pictures forthcoming on the IB,Bronze and Purple peachicks.

Yes, I remember that and that is why I asked if you have a valid license. I know a baited hook when I read it.
gig.gif
Thanks for the pics, I'm pretty certain the purple is the lightest chick in the middle. Is the Bronze the darkest one on the right of the pic? As for sexing let me flip a coin and get back to you!

Okay,,these pics was taken inside the garage and it was kinda dark. An earlier post about sexing young peachicks it was said by the bird sexer to show the wings so I purposely spread their right wings across the backs of the chicks next to them to show the wings better. Naturally they all show barring at this time so they must all be males? Alright,,we all know only 100% way to sex is DNA at this young age but if there is a proven 100% correct way at the age of about 7 days, I'm all ears. Also each of these chicks is a diffrent color. One is a Bronze,one is a Purple and the other is an India Blue. Since these aren't yet wingbanded I wrote down which is which so when the guessing is done I will know positive,as we have several like colored chicks in the brooder now and getting the exact chick back will be a guess. Here is the pics.

I'm going to say the purple chick could be a male just because the one i hatched last year was lighter and it turned out to be a girl, just saying.

Update... My little one with the slipped tendons is doing a *little* better. Tendons seem to be staying put, but it still cannot walk or stand. Belly and neck are still swollen, but at least it's pooping now.

-Kathy

Congrats on the chicks!

I think I may have a purple based on those pictures... But time will tell. I definitely have some sort of bronze out of my peachicks that hatched and if it is the one I think it is it is not really dark. I have a super dark chick that I think is a high eprcentage spalding. Last year with the bronze chicks I had they were not dark either.

This weeks hatch for me missed one in picture should be nine, 5 from my purple pen purple dark pied male in with 3 purple hens 1 from my BS pen which has a IBBS male split pied in with 2 IBBS hens and a IBSP hen split to BS 3 from my bronze pen BS bronze male in with 2 bronze hens 1 bronze WE split pied hen and IBBS hen split bronze two chicks hatched out like BS chicks so they are either bronze black shoulder or black shoulder split bronze,

This weeks hatch for me missed one in picture should be nine, 5 from my purple pen purple dark pied male in with 3 purple hens 1 from my BS pen which has a IBBS male split pied in with 2 IBBS hens and a IBSP hen split to BS 3 from my bronze pen BS bronze male in with 2 bronze hens 1 bronze WE split pied hen and IBBS hen split bronze two chicks hatched out like BS chicks so they are either bronze black shoulder or black shoulder split bronze,
Congrats! -Kathy

Nice looking chicks!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom