2014 breeding season begins, post your results

I just got this little cutie today. BS, I think it's a hen but this is my first BS chick. She's 3 months old so I named her May.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but I think it's a "he" because of the dark feathers on the back and the red primaries. I have 7 bs chicks that are just a couple of weeks younger and 4 of them have no black feathers and no black on the beak. I am assuming that they are the females. Will be interesting to see what others more experienced think.

Last edited:
Birdrain, I would say that you definitely have a pretty BS hen there!
clap.gif

Congrats on the new family member!

Cindysid, how old are your babies? It looks possible that those light ones aren't BS...

This is our IBBS girl at one month:

Last edited:
Birdrain, I would say that you definitely have a pretty BS hen there!
clap.gif

Congrats on the new family member!

Cindysid, how old are your babies? It looks possible that those light ones aren't BS...

This is our IBBS girl at one month:
They are about 6 weeks. These are my first bs, or at least that's what they said the eggs were. I would love to have some other colors tho, so it's all good. Anyone have any idea what they might be? Just when I think I have it figured out
th.gif

Ok, I have 4, 9 week olds. I think I have one male and 3 girls. What do you think?
I couldn't get pics of all of them (it's raining and they are hiding), but the one on the left is the one that I think is male, and the one on the right is one that I think is a female. The other 2 are like her, very little barring and dark brown primaries.

Back
Top Bottom