2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

I'll start. Today I placed an order from Ideal Poultry for 12 dark brahmas, 8 partridge cochins, and 5 bb red malays. All of which are straight run. I'm surprised how fast they have been selling, my chicks aren't supposed to be shipped to me until June 30th! It's going to be a LONG wait.

I'm still debating my second order from Sand Hill, can't decide, can't decide, can't decide, there are just so many choices, makes you just want to order five of everything and get it over with...already have a couple of new-to-me breeds Kraienkoppes, Iowa Blues and Tomaru on order so at least I got that far.

I know what you mean. It took me a few months to choose these 3 breeds, but I still have an order from Cackle I have to place once they start taking orders, and I don't even know what I want from there yet.

hmmm... very tough decision. I got a gift card to myer's but I was thinking about buying from ridgway. There are so many hatcheries out there and I just cant decide. I'm kinda scared that if i order from myers then they are all going to show up dead!

Im going to be ordering my other chicks from ideal instead of cackle (works out better that way). Deciding now on what exactly I will be ordering, I have an idea, but not yet positive. I also have 36 eggs in the incubator from my flock, and all 36 eggs have growing chicks inside! They are due to hatch January 15th.

I just placed the order. I ordered 30 assorted heavy pullets, 5 assorted heavy cockerels, 6 bb white turkeys, and 9 red silkies. They are due to hatch 4/23.

Back
Top Bottom