2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

Mine are supposed to hatch/ship tomorrow. . . .and the weather is supposed to be dreadful
I'm so worried about my little peepers.
hit.gif
Mine are too...I've had 3 orders so far this year and ALL 3 times, there has been a cold front come in when they are due to ship out!
barnie.gif
This is suppose to be the last order for the year but once June hits I might order another one just to check out my theory!
lau.gif

I received my order from Cackle Hatchery last Wednesday and all birds arrived in great condition. I have 5 RIR's,4 Black Sex-Links,7 Brown Leghorns and a pair of Rouen ducks..All are thriving and my 2 sons love them.

I ordered 10 chicks from a feed store a few days ago. They get their chicks from Dunlap Hatchery.

2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
2 Silver Laced Polish
2 Thailand Jungle Fowl
2 Saipan Jungle Fowl

They're just starting to incubate the Jungle Fowl, so it'll be a a few weeks before I can go pick them up. I got my Silkies from them last year.

Good luck. I got 6 of them from Cackle and 3 of them died. I have no idea what was wrong. The one was very weak, but then the next day two more died. I think that breed can't handle much stress during shipping or something. They are cute though!
Sometimes when there are a lot of losses of one breed in a shipment and not others it makes me wonder if they might have hatched out earlier than planned. I've only read about incubating and hatching out chicks and haven't tried any myself yet but sometimes it seems it seems to be a day early or late. If the shipments are suppose to go out on a Monday and the chicks hatch early Sunday, get boxed up Monday and don't get to my door until Wednesday, it might just be to long.

I justed pulled a baby thru wry neck with Vietnamese and electrolytes. I have another that isn't growing like the others and I'm pumping her full of vitamins. Poultry drench is a life saver!

My quail eggs shipped out today! Getting 126 Jumbo Brown Coturnix Quail eggs. I guess the guy said that 1/50 chicks turn out white. Hope they get here okay!

Back
Top Bottom