2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

Have you had bad luck with Meyers because we just ordered 24 from there. You have me worried!

Oh no they are from mpc. I just 37 from Mcmurray last week, all alive. Mpc had a bunch of breeds I wanted so I have 42 coming from them. It's just stressful waiting. I have them going to a 24 hour main distr center. I really don't think it's any of the hatcheries, I think all problems come from the postal service.

How do u introduce pullets to your existing hens? My hens are mean.
Keep them fenced/caged within view of your existing hens for a week or so. They'll get most of their pecking order out of the way.

I'm supposed to pick up 3 random chicks at the co-op on the 12th, 3 black copper marans sometime around the 11th, and 4 guineas on the 15th. I guess I did that backwards, should have arranged for the guineas first. Getting antsy. I guess that's not really a hatchery order, but it's somebody's hatchery.
tongue.png

soon though i dont know how soon i'll be ordering 12 white leghorn pullets and then raising them for till their 2 or 3 months old and then giving to a friend...friend wants white leghorns but doesn't want to raise and deal with tiny chicks so i said i'd raise them till their 2-3 months old and she'll pay me back for them...which is good and i love raising chicks anyway

Spoon still no babies from mpc ..they shipped out yestrrday at 4pm EXPRESS mail from oh. I got Mcmurrays in 21 hours priority mail. ????

Here is an update on my chicks! They are getting so big, I can see them getting bigger each day it's crazy!
Faverolle. I am thinking it is a roo?
It may be a light cockerel. May also be a pullet. Any chest/shoulder feathers yet? I think it's a pullet.

Last edited:
Wow, somehow I have been missing this thread!

I have on order from Cackle:

Shipping 4/21/14
10 Spitzhauben straight run
5 Easter Egger pullets
15 Cochin in assortment
2 Bourbon red turkeys
1 NH red rooster (a dog got mine and my cinnamon queen breeding pen can't function without!)

1 Hatchery surprise shipping 6/2/14

It is such a looooooong time to wait I got 16 assorted silkies from Hardin Poultry/Heirloom Orpingtons and 7 chicks from TSC.

Back
Top Bottom